(Closed) 10 Months to go…..How far are you in planning?

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
33 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m done planning everything. The only thing that is left is to work the double shifts to pay it all lol πŸ™‚ We still haven’t chosen a honeymoon destination but that can wait. I actually got the butterfly/rollercoaster feeling in my stomach when I read your post heading and realized I too have 10 months to go!

Post # 4
5221 posts
Bee Keeper

I have 9 months to go and I have booked the venue, chosen the photographer and started slowly purchasing decorations. I am going dress shopping in three days. I agree .. this post gave me butterflies because of just how close it really is!

Post # 6
5221 posts
Bee Keeper

@UpstateNYPrincessBride: have you found/bought your dress yet? I was thinking about making my own invites, too… or doing something really creative but a Bee posted something one time that made a lot of sense… no one keeps those except you mother and you! So I may just scale back on what I had in mind for the invites and hopefully save a little money.

Post # 7
1109 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Everything is basically planned, just have to pay for it all. lol. Fiance is moving up in his job in the next couple months so I am hoping soon after that we can just knock it all out and I wont have to worry anymore!  πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
1064 posts
Bumble bee

I have 10 months to go today also! Scary.. just a little. I’ve ordered a dress but I have a strong feeling it’s not the one, even though everyone (irl) is pushing me, and telling me it is. 

We have: venue, church, dj, photographer, I know who is going to be in my bridal party I just am making cards to ask them. And then it’s just a lot of crap for the rest of it. 

Post # 10
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I paid off my dress, I bought a veil, I have my hair and makeup appointment booked, we have our venue booked, I picked my bridesmaids and I bought the lanterns they will be carrying, I am putting together my centerpieces, I did 1 of my 4 sets of engagement photos, I started ‘collecting’ decorations, I got the things to make my butterfly bouquet, I am almost done making my cake topper, I bought my wedding shoes, I made my throw away bouquet, booked our night of room and the honeymoon cruise, put a hold on my wedding jewelry, bought our wedding bands, bought the bridesmaids gifts, bought crystal candy dishes for the candy buffet, got the flower girl dress and got the things for the Flower Girl basket and Ring Bearer pillow =) now I need to start booking all the people (DJ, photographer, officiant).

Post # 11
743 posts
Busy bee

Well, my seamstress just bailed on me, as did my photographer, so I have been in an “ugg, why don’t we just elope” mode for the past few weeks.  I have cake and DJ contracts that I need to sign and send back with deposits, but, other than the photog and new seamstress (I am wearing my mom’s dress), all that is left to do is DIY projects and lose wieght!

Oh, and 2 days ago, Fiance and I took another look at our budget, now that we have been planning/have a bunch of stuff already booked…and our $15000 wedding is now a lot closer to $20,000!  So I also have a bunch of side jobs to do i the next few months to make up for teh extar money!

Post # 12
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have 10 months to go too =D and I got my dress- which is absolutely perfect- I went to like 5 stores before I decided on it. My advice is to try on EVERYTHING. I have a venue- can’t find a caterer that fits my parents monetary expectations *ugh* so I told them they’re in charge of that now haha. Haven’t decided on a photographer though I’ve been looking for months. frustrating…. I am working on my invitations- I’m a graphic designer so I am trying to perfect the perfect theme because it is going to be on everything from save the dates to signs at the candy buffet at the wedding. Just got a longline bra too- hopefully it will work well with the dress. Looking at shoes- can’t decide. Got my wedding band too πŸ™‚

Post # 13
227 posts
Helper bee

Wow!  Everyone has a lot done so far!  I only have my venue booked and my STD’s ready to be sent.  This month I’m working on:

– Interviewing & selecting a Photographer

– Florist consultations

– Final dress selection

Last week I started to get stressed about not having much done yet so I really need to get moving!!!

Post # 14
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m slightly over 10 months to go, but I feel like I’ve accomplished a good amount!

• Ceremony and reception venues are booked.
  • One of our officiants is booked. Fiance wanted to have a deacon from his church give a blessing. I told him that sounded like an excellent idea, and it is his job to set that up.
  • Pianist for the ceremony is booked.
  • I have received two quotes on DJs, need to decide between them.
  • Photographer booked.
  • Engagement pics taken, should be available next week! πŸ™‚
  • Dress purchased and paid for.
  • Gathered ideas for STD’s, favors.
  • Purchased flip-flops for my bridesmaids.
  • Researched Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts.
  • I have asked my bridesmaids and Maid/Matron of Honor, Fiance has asked all but one groomsman, we have asked our ring bearer and flower girl, we’re debating on having two flower girls.
  • Gathering addresses for STD’s and invites.

Here are my tasks for August/September:

• Order e-pics, design STD’s
  • Mail STD’s
  • Book the DJ and the florist (have to reschedule florist appointment)
  • Start looking at Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

Post # 15
338 posts
Helper bee

We’ve booked the ceremony/reception venue and the photographer. We’ve also decided on an officiant, our wedding party, and our colors. I’ve also designed some sample invites on Paperlesspost.com (we’re doing online invitations).  Other than that, not much is happening! Fiance doesn’t yet have a ft job (hopefully in the next week or two…), so we can’t put anymore money toward the wedding until that happens. I’m planning on going dress shopping in November.

Post # 16
17 posts

I have….

*The wedding site (on the beach in Clearwater, FL πŸ™‚ YAY

*The Reception site 

*The reception food and decorations

*My wedding dress ordered

*The first night of our honeymoon booked

*Bridesmaid dressed picked out

*The set up on the beach for our wedding booked

*Have the bridal party picked out

*About to start working on the STD’s

*About to start doing invitations also! 

So I have a LOT more done than I did about a week ago. I’m so excited and ready to get this wedding underway! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘10 Months to go…..How far are you in planning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors