10 Months Tomorrow

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@berrynuttyfarm:  I mean… 10 months isn’t really that long, regardless of age… 

Post # 4
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@mrspinesol: +1

@berrynuttyfarm:  I think it’s way too fast. 10 months isnt long at all to me… I’m sorry.

Post # 6
1838 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

10 months isn’t long at all. give him some time.

Post # 7
7923 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

@berrynuttyfarm:  I would give it till your one year and then talk to him, calmly and honestly, about how you feel and see where he’s at. I also would do it the weekend after the one year, spend the actual anniversary having a lovely romantic evening.

If its on his brain and he seems into it… then lie back for a bit. Its only been 10 months. He might propose on your anniversary! Putting the pressure on him will likely have a reverse effect. So hang in there and be his happy blissful grateful smitten girlfriend for 2 more months before you sink into the anxious waiting abyss!!

Post # 8
23 posts
  • Wedding: March 2014

Don’t give a walk date after 10 months…enjoy living life and learning about each other! What’s meant to be will be! 🙂

As long as he has made it clear that he is dating to marry then don’t worry 

Post # 9
1069 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Errr 10 months? That’s a short amount of time. I don’t even COUNT my “romances” of under a year as being real relationships… For example I don’t call them exes, I call them “guys I dated once”. It’s unfair to put pressure on him so early, especially if he’s been through a divorce – I’m sure he’s gun-shy!

Post # 11
425 posts
Helper bee

I think it’s good to keep the communication open so that you both know what the other person is looking for. How long ago was his divorce?

Post # 11
535 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

berrynuttyfarm: “I just never dreamed I wouldn’t be engaged by this point.”

By “by this point”, do you mean after 10 months of dating, or 37 years old…? You’re also an adult, so your mother’s opinion of your relationship shouldn’t really matter this much. Don’t get so hung up on the title of “wife” (especially after such a short time dating) that you ruin what sounds like a really good relationship. I know this thread is 2 months old, so maybe you’re engaged by now? Update?

Post # 12
13 posts
  • Wedding: January 2022

I disagree with everyone who says 10 months isn’t very long. That is plenty of time to get to know someone and have a good idea about marriage. The fact that you have already talked about a future and a wedding is wonderful! Each relationship is different and the amount of time you two have been dating is not the biggest factor to consider. Honestly, it’s not even a factor at all. Sometimes you both just know that you are perfect for each other. However, I would approach him and kinda put your heart out there. Let him know you want to be married before you are 38 (or 39 or 40 or whatever the case may be) and ask him if he’s on the same page. Let him know you are not trying to force or push him, you just want to make sure the two of you are heading in the same direction. If you are, then great! Leave the subject alone and enjoy the relationship! But if not, then you have to figure out where he expects the relationship to go and if you want to hang around for that.

Post # 13
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

Relax, 10 months is nothing. 

Post # 14
124 posts
Blushing bee

LoveByte:  +1!!

berrynuttyfarm:  My SO and I just passed our 10month point. When you know, you know. For some people it takes years to know if the person they are with is the right one; for others, it only takes a few weeks. I understand where you’re coming from, being that I am someone that “just knew” that the man I am dating would be The One. Don’t let those around you get you down. 10months is more than enough time to know what you want, IMO. Good luck, and just remember to stay positive. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors