(Closed) 10 More days- feeling a little melancholy

posted 7 years ago in December 2010
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i know what you mean, but it only takes about 3 seconds for me to realize i’d rather have this than what i did when i was 21 any day.

Post # 4
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think it’s totally normal to be feeling this way. Marriage is a huge change in one’s life, and it’s only natural to think about the past and different phases, like dating, flirting, etc. Whenever I feel that way I just remind myself that I did my 20’s proud, and that it’s time to let go and move onto a new phase in my life. Marriage for me means I get to look forward to other things, other experiences, and possibly starting a family, or being incredibly awesome DINKS with a lot of dogs! Also, you’re not ever going to be 21 again, whether or not you marry your significant other. You may go to the same bars, do the same things, but let’s face it, you’ve changed. Embrace it!

Post # 6
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@winterwedding10: haha seriously. Bars are loud, and I just end up feeling really old when I compare myself to the 18 year old with a fake id. I used to be her, and now I’m on this side!

The topic ‘10 More days- feeling a little melancholy’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors