- Ms. Sloth
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
I like to post this every month, so that we learn new things about each other and about the newbees.
So post 10 (or more) random NWR things about yourself. Because we’re not just brides to be, we’re people.
Here are mine:
- I haven’t spoken to my father’s side of the family in over 15 years. After my dad died, my sister and I had a falling-out with our aunt and grandmother and that was that. We still speak to our stepmother (our father’s widow) and our brothers, but nobody else. They were racist and ignorant and mean, and I don’t really miss them, although sometimes I get upset thinking about how my dad would feel if he knew that I haven’t spoken to his family since I was 19.
- I hate, hate, HATE weather that’s too hot. I am a miserable bitch all summer. My makeup sweats off my face, my hair frizzes up, and I’m uncomfortable unless I hibernate in the central air. When I was down in Austin last year, I fell in love with the city, but it was 82 degrees in November, so I couldn’t imagine what it must be like in July.
- My favorite actor is Paul Giamatti and my favorite actress is Frances McDormand. I think that they should be in more movies.
- My favorite alcoholic beverage is a Ketel One martini, extra dry, extra dirty. I also love a good margarita on a warm day.
- I will eat almost anything. The only foods I don’t like are pickles, yellow mustard, cooked mushrooms, and anything that is artificially flavored like raspberry.
- I have four tattoos, all of which I got when I was 18 and 19. Now, 17 years later, I regret 3 of the 4, and the one that I still like, well, I regret the placement (a tramp stamp). They’re just stupid looking and poorly done. I’m considering getting an intricate half-sleeve done to cover up the stupid tattoo on my left shoulder, but I haven’t decided for sure yet.
- I worked at a modern rock radio station for a few years in the late 90’s and got to meet a bunch of random bands. Some were bona fide stars (Oasis, Beck, Foo Fighters, Chris Isaak) while some haven’t been heard of since the 90’s (Live, Garbage) and others were total one-hit wonders (Fastball, Stroke 9, The New Radicals). Meeting the bands and seeing free shows was fun, but working in radio sucked and I’m glad I didn’t make it my career.
- If I’m watching TV or a movie, and someone gets an injection, I have to look away. I also can’t watch if someone gets stabbed. But I have no problem watching someone on TV get their skull crushed by a shovel or get their head blown off by a shotgun.
- I’m obsessed with Dlisted, and I can’t for the life of me figure out the appeal of Perez Hilton, who I loathe.
- The boy and I both love dogs more than anything in the world. Every single time we see a dog on the street, we run to pet it, and we can’t wait until we have a house with a big yard so that we can get Basil some friends.