(Closed) 10 (or more) Random NWR things about you – April

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Let’s see if I can come up with ten…

1. I’m a black belt in karate.

2. I have several tattoos and plan on several more.  Most people don’t know this, as I have a corporate job and wear clothes from J. Crew.

3. I have long, thick hair which I am beyond excited to cut off after the wedding.  I need a change.  Also, it will be the first time since I was 15 that all my hair is my natural color.

4. I had plastic surgery on my nose when I was a toddler!  I fell through a glass case at a jewelry store.  Ouch.

5. I have two cats.

6. I am running the 2011 NYC Marathon (eeek!)

7. I am obsessed with horror movies.  I have seen hundreds of them, and I write a horror movie blog.

8. Although I am marrying a clean-cut professional guy, I often have ridiculous crushes on grungy tattooed rock stars and the like.

9. I have one sibling, a younger sister who is taller than me.  We look nothing like each other.

10. I was born during a blizzard…in late April.

Post # 4
1801 posts
Buzzing bee

danadelphia – I HATE artificial raspberry too!!!  And I really like this post, I’ve missed all the other months.

1. I don’t eat steak.  It’s weird and I know it.  I eat red meat, I just don’t like the taste of steak.

2. I use proper grammar when I text.  Now, don’t get me wrong, I make mistakes and I’m a bad speller.  But I don’t like text messages that ask “Wat r u doing 2nite?”.

3. I speak conversational German and know a little sign language and Luxembourgish. 

4. I love mail.  A lot.  I get really excited when I get snail mail (well, other than bills and ads like AT&T).  One of the many reasons I loved the Valentines Day card exchange the bee did!

5. I’m really short.  I mentioned that in a post about vendors not treating me like an adult, but thought I’d mention it in the rest of the bee.  I’m just shy of 5’0”, and I’m pretty insecure about it from time to time.

6. In our neighborhood, FI and I are known as the dog rescuers.  We have found over 10 dogs on the streets in the neighborhood alone and gotten them safely back to their owners since July.

7. I am an OCD planner.  FI is not.  It’s a source of many issues for us, because I have to have plans and know what’s going on for all things.  He likes to fly by the seat of his pants, and it drives me crazy a lot.

8. Turning the tv on for no reason makes me angry.  I don’t like it when my roommates or FI turn it on for background noise or what-not.  If you’re going to turn something that uses electricity (and thus my money) on, you better actually use it.  Similarly, I get annoyed when FI opens the fridge 13 times in 5 minutes to see if something new will jump out.

9. I’m allergic to cats.

10. I like to buy cookbooks, but rarely end up using them for much.  (Yes, I know this wastes as much money as FI’s tv and fridge habits!)

Post # 5
2475 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ll play…

1.  I’m horribly impatient.  I don’t know how my FI puts up with me most of the time.

2.  I find it much easier to connect with and have friendships with males rather than females.

3.  My parents did not get married until I was five years old, and I didnt learn about that fact until I was much older. 

4.  I’m an only child.

5.  I absolutely adore all the Real Housewives television shows.

6.  I wish I could move out of Philadelphia.  I’m not a fan of the area.  I’m pretty sure I’ll be stuck here forever because my FI doesn’t want to move.

7.  I hate the fact that I wasn’t given a chance to be around my mom or dad’s side of the family very much.  I grew up in Indiana, and my mom’s family is in Minnesota and my dad’s family is in New York.  It took me a long time to get used to how close my FI is with his family, which is totally foreign to me.

8.  I considered getting a tattoo on my foot when I was 18.  I’m glad I never did.

9.  I love cats.  I’ll probably grow up to be a crazy cat lady.

10.  I wash my hands way more than anyone else I know, and I’m a bit of a germophobe.

Post # 6
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Let’s see

1. We haven’t spoken to my dad’s family in 20 years, because they are totaly douches and are nothing like him. There was some ridiculous accusations, and my dad was told to pick us or them, so he picked us and never looked back. Best decision of his life, IMO, cuz they are wretched people.

2. I have known my husband since I was 11, and never liked him until we ran into each other again when I turned 20. He is a year and a half older than me, and a grade ahead of me. We had a lot of the same friends, so were forced to tolerate each other. We had a lot of misconceptions about the other, and when I started dating my ex and we stopped hanging out with the group, he really didn’t like me. Then, we both were newly single and ran into each other at a party, and have been inseparable ever since. Kinda weird, and people definitely are shocked when they see us together after knowing our history, but I couldn’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone but him. Oh – and had we ever dated before, i don’t think we would eve be able to tolerate each other now. Growing apart definitely helped us fall in love.

Whew, that was a long one….

3. My younger sister is 7 years younger than me, but 3 inches taller and we could pass for twins. People mistake us for each other all the time. Its awesome

4. I was 5 weeks premature, and even though I was teeny tiny, I didn’t have to be incubated or anything. But it was during a blizzard and ice storm, so we still had to stay in the hospital for almost a week

5. I honestly believe that life isn’t fair, and it is what you make of it. But, it never stopped me from dreaming that I was adopted and my real parents were a king and queen somewhere when i was little…life would have been so much easier if I really was a princess!

6. I still feel like I never want to have kids, and that scares me cuz I think my husband will one day. I love my life as it is, and don’t want to have to worry about kids for the rest of our lives. At least we have a few years to figure it out

7. I hope that I can find another job soon, the one I have now drives me crazy. I graduate next month, so hopefully something new will come along soon.

8. I really want to get an arm sleeve, but won’t do it until I can find a job in the business world that is okay with it. I hope 10 years from now, it will be more widely accepted, and hate to be judged for my tattoos. They have no bearing on a person’s mind, and I don’t understand why corporations can’t see past that

9. I can’t wait to move into our own house, we have been together for almost 6 years and have never lived alone. This summer will be filled with projects and fun things to fix up the house and really make it our own

10. I am so thankful for my husband, he works 60 hours plus a week and never complains about the fact that I complain about having to sit at a desk for 40 hours a week while he works on cars at work. I’m so glad he puts up with me Laughing

Post # 7
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

1. I went to FSU and I refuse to put anything blue next to anything orange. I’ve been trying to explain to my flower girl that the blue crayon goes on one side of the box and the orange crayon goes on the other side. I’m sure this would make Miss Dolphin happy. 🙂

2. When I played “Two Truths and a Lie” with my 9th graders on the first day of school, they all thought that my having two dogs named Bob and Bella was a lie. I was told that Bob sounded too sketchy for a dog. I really do have two dogs named Bob and Bella.

3. I have three tattoos – one on my foot, my lower right back and one on my ribs. 

4. I am absolutely terrified of spiders. The get dizzy, clammy, think-I-might-throw-up terrified. 

5. I HATE the word parabola. Don’t ask me why, I just do.

6. When I was little, I used to think I was the only person who could move their eyebrows up and down. I truly thought I had a God-given talent. 

7. I don’t like to think about outerspace. The fact that it is so vast makes my head hurt.

8. I’m addicted to sweet tea! Soooo delicious!

9. I’ve broken all of my toes at least once. I’m pretty accident prone. 

10. If I could choose one person to narrate my life story, it would be Morgan Freeman. Have you seen March of the Penguins? Dude is amazing.

Post # 8
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Gosh 10 things is hard! I’ll try: 

1) I skipped 3rd grade and graduated undergrad in 3 years. This means I started undergrad at 17, started law school at 20, and became a lawyer at 22. Which is kind of cool, but also… Try being in college and not being able to get into ANY bar, being in law school and not being able to have a glass of wine with a friend, and having lawyers think you’re a college kid. fun stuff. 🙂 

2) I took piano lessons for 9 years but I never really liked it and I can barely play now

3) The only two guys I’ve love both came from Michigan, loved UM, the Tigers, and were military brats. And I met both of them in Ohio. How does that happen?

4) I have a relatively rare skin condition (icthyosis) that means my skin doesn’t shed naturally like most people’s does. That means my skin sucks and always looks dry even when it isn’t. It also means I don’t sweat as much as normal people which means I get overheated and SUPER red really easily.

5) I hate hot weather (see #4). 

6) I love snow. Like.. a LOT. I get so excited every single year, and when everyone around me is complaining about it I’m going outside to play in it. I could never live somewhere that doesn’t have snow!

7) When I was 15 I thought that the ideal life would be living in a big city in an apartment and a big fancy job and no kids ever. Now that I’m 25 I think the ideal life would be living in a house with a yard, with my husband, having a job I care about but don’t spend more than 40 hours at, and maybe having a kid someday. Life is weird. 🙂

8) My entire family and all my (non-lawyer) friends think I’m loaded because I’m a lawyer and I just bought a house. Truth is, I’m doing okay but if I was loaded I wouldn’t be driving a 10 year old hyundai with broken AC (oy @ summer, again). 

9) One of my lifelong goals is to spend a month or two volunteering in Africa. I think I might have to go alone because FI wants no part of it. 

10) I don’t care about celebrity gossip. At all. But Jake Gylenhaal is still hot!

Post # 9
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Fifteen minutes left in my work day — I might as well play!

(1) I watch The Hills, The City, 16 and Pregnant and The Real Houswives of Orange County and despite their total and utter inanity they make me happy.

(2) I refuse to leave a party before the cake has been served.

(3) I love grammar. Punctuation and sentence structure bring me joy. I once convinced my boss to let me go to a conference just so I could attend a session on commas.

(4) Vietnamese food is my favourite “type” of food; Indian is a close second.

(5) I have a weakness for high end accessories (mostly shoes and handbags) for which I’m completely unapologetic, but luckily I’m very skilled at finding incredible deals.

(6) Travelling, and planning said travels, are my favourite activities in the whole wide world. I always need to have a trip on the horizon to look forward to.

(7) I am a natural planner and researcher. I put an insane amount of research into things before committing. (E.g. I have actually been planning our wedding for over two years…once The Guy proposed I already knew most of the vendors I wanted!).

(8) I studied Ashtanga yoga for two months in Mysore, India in 2004. It was one of the hardest and best things I’ve ever done.

(9) I have yet to meet a vegetable that I don’t like.

(10) I have curly hair and I love it. I never straighten my hair, because it just doesn’t look like me and I don’t think it’s pretty on me.

Post # 10
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

10 things….. hmmm I also missed the last couple months…

1. I work for the government (county level).

2. I’ve watched every episode of Gilmore Girls @ least 5 times

3. I have a Dog I love; but she is @ my parents until our yard (@ our new house!!!) is Grass instead of Mud…

4. I enjoy taking long walks now that its warm. I try and walk 2-3 miles every night.

5. On the day after my wedding Day (our dating anniversary is the day after) I will have been with my FI 7 years!!!

6. I don’t really care for chocolate. I’ll eat some occasionally but nothing more than a bite sized snickers. Has to be something that also has nuts or carmel or peanut butter with it; not just chocolate alone.

7. I think that I want a big family. It’s nothing we’ve planned on or anything; It’s just something I’ve always thought about. I think I want 4 or 5 kids…..lol Maybe I’m nuts! We’ll see when the time comes….

8. I grew up with two brothers. So I’ve always been more of a tomboy than anything. My mom could never EVER get me to wear dresses…… I’m a little different now; but I still would rather be in jeans and a t-shirt.

9. I became engaged in the middle of a demolition derby. & I just got the video of it yesterday!!!!

10. I found WeddingBee online while I was randomly Googling wedding stuff. And I’ve loved it ever since!!

Post # 11
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

1. I was born on the bathroom floor & delivered by my father, an electrician, because after being in labor with my older brother for over a day, my mom thought she had all the time in the world with me
  2. My second toe on my left foot grows in sideways.  Despite always asking the pedicurist to file so it looks straight with paint on, they inevitably file so the white strip at the tip is straight thus making my toe completely crooked.
  3. I eat absolutely everything.  Even foods I hate, I’ll find a way to eat be it adding ketchup (my fav, I put it on literally everything), salt, hot sauce, cheese.  I don’t just like food, I like to eat.
  4. Speaking of ketchup, I’ve been known to use between half and 3/4 a bottle at each meal; I will only eat Heinz
  5. I LOVE chocolate but LOATHE anything chocolate-flavored.  Yes chocolate bar, NO chocolate ice cream, cake, frosting, cookies…
  6. I have 1 tattoo and would love another but since I’m afraid it’s a slippery slope to full-body immersion, I’ve decided to simply “add-on” to the one I have.  Since I’ll be changing my name and am having a difficult time with this, I’ve decided to get that tattooed above my shamrock (I’m Irish).  My last name will be our first daughter’s or second son’s middle name, so I will also get our first son’s middle name (he’ll be named after FI) tattooed there as well (same thing for all additional kids).
  7. I used to be a complete attention whore and once lied in elementary school that I needed a blood transfusion because my one best friend was having a hernia opteration and the other had her appendix burst on the playground.
  8. I filmed an episode of Blind Date right after moving to NYC.  I subsequently dated the guy for 2 or 3 months, and I can assure you it’s ALL COMPLETELY fake (but it also pays pretty well!)
  9. Of my 9 boyfriends, 6 have shared the same 2 names (3 & 3) including the boy I’m going to marry who had the same name as the boy I was “technically” still seeing when we met.
  10. FI is NOT an animal person, but in his love for me he has agreed to adopt more pets (on top of our current 2 poochies) once we’re out of city and have more space.  I’d like to get back into horses (had one growing up), get a few more dogs and maybe some bunnies.  He is super anti-cat, so I’ve agree to never persue that avenue.

Post # 12
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009
  • I usually only chew half a stick of gum at a time
  • I hate talking on the phone
  • I can read a map fluently
  • I love flea markets (aka swap meets)
  • I hate the smell & taste of hazelnut
  • I’ve always wanted brown eyes
  • I hate the color red
  • I didn’t eat spinach for 15 years because I got choked on it when I was little
  • I think anything over 72 degrees is too warm & it makes me uncomfortable
  • I have hundreds of pens/pencils & writing materials

Post # 13
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

1. I am completely OCD about food. I must chew equal amounts on both sides of my mouht or else it drives me nuts.

2. I hate fruit. I will only eat apples. I despie all other fruit.

3. I have 2 tattoos and plan on many more. 1 is a phoenix, the other is 16-bit Link from Zelda.

4. I talk to myself…. all the time.

5. I read romance novels for entertainment. They allow me to occupy myself without having to think about anything. Pure fluff and cheese.

6. My nose grew faster than the rest of my face, so for years I had a huge nose.

7. My mother didn’t know she was pregnant until almost 6 months in. All the tests came up negative, they found me with an ultrasound while they were looking for cancer.

8. I am terrified of babies.

9. I am obsessed with zombies. I have books, toys, movies, games, you name it.

10. I was almost mauled by an Akita as a toddler.

Post # 14
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

LOVE this post!

1. I’m a paper hoarder– I keep everything– and they are all in folders and very organized. 

2.  I also love getting mail– I sign up for any/everything I can

3.  I am a couponer–every Sunday I sit down and clip and organize them with my cup of coffee.  I also print them out all the time.  I prob have a coupon for just about anything you can think of–that or an online discount code. 

4.  I’m obsessed with frogs–real frogs, stuffed frogs, pictures of frogs–anything with a frog on it–and now that we have our own apt–it will be all over our apt!

5.  I want a tattoo soo bad but I’m deathly afraid of needles.  but I have 13 piercings. 

6.  I haven’t had a drink of fruit punch since I was a girl scout in 5th grade– I saw a girl get sick and now I can’t stand the smell of fruit punch. 

7.  The day we get married we will have been together 5 years!!

8.  I love trashy tv shows like 16 and pregnant, the hills, real house wives(atl, nyc, orange county, and new Jersey), and court shows(judge judy and people’s court)

9.  I’ve never broke a bone in my life. 

10.  I’m convinced I was a southerner stuck in the North for the first 21 years of my life, and I’m now happily living in the south!

Post # 15
1250 posts
Bumble bee

1. I ran my first marathon in NYC last fall. I didn’t sleep for a month leading up to it, but it ended up to be one of the most fun things I’ve ever done.

2. I grew up out west (Idaho) until I was 18, but have lived in the midwest, the northeast, Spain (briefly), the Caribbean, and now the south. I am dying to move back west to raise my family.

3. I am a die-hard college football fan. Saturdays in the fall are the best thing ever.

4. I speak Spanish fluently and plan on learning Portuguese this year.

5. I love school/office supplies. I get so excited about buying folders, notebooks, erasers, and fresh new pencils.

6. I’m kind of a dork (see #5.)

7. I love to read. As a kid, to punish me, my parents would ground me from reading (see #6.)

8. I love to cook, but am terrible at it.

9. I don’t get along at all with my mom, although I try really hard to. This is really sad and probably the biggest cause of stress in my life, as I value family a lot.

10. My favorite thing to do is to be outside, as I love the outdoors. Whether its backpacking through the mountains, scuba diving, fishing, camping, hanging out on the beach, or just playing in the park with my puppy, the more I’m outside the happier I am. 

Post # 16
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

1. I prefer eastern foods like indian, vietnamese and japanese. I love rich complex flavors and textures.
  2. Winter depresses me, I am not a fan!
  3. One of my guilty pleasures is watching anime on hulu with my fiance
  4. I am CONSTANTLY talking to my two cats
  5. I used to bully boys in my classes from ages 5 to about 14 haha
  6. I cannot squish bugs. Acceptable ways of getting rid of bugs: flushing it down the toilet, moving it outside, or throwing an object at it from a healthy distance.
  7. My mother told me I was the ugliest baby she had ever seen. I’ve seen pictures and it’s true.
  8. I’m obsessed with good smelling candles and love going into yankee candle just to smell everything!
  9. I love to sketch and draw
  10. Cotton balls freak me out and if I hear them squeak or press one between my fingers it gives me goosebumps… ugh

The topic ‘10 (or more) Random NWR things about you – April’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors