- Ms. Sloth
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden
It’s that time again – let’s post 10 NWR things about ourselves for the month of August.
Here are mine:
- In the summers, I don’t like to drink coffee every morning (it’s too hot) so I’ve been getting my morning caffeine fix from a bottle of Coke Zero every day. I try to ignore the stares from my co-workers who think I’m crazy for drinking soda at 9am.
- I haven’t worn a pair of pants in MONTHS. It’s been so hot that I’ve been wearing dresses to work every day. I miss my jeans. I miss boots. I cant’ wait for fall.
- I got acupuncture for the first time last week to help with back pain. I’m not sure if it really helped (I need to go a few more times) but it was very nice and relaxing and it didn’t hurt at all. I highly recommend it.
- I found out recently that the boy’s great-uncles were twins. So there are twins in his family, which means that there is at least a slight possibility that if we have kids, we might have twins. I’m not sure if I find that scary or exciting.
- I want another dog SO BAD. I spend so much time on Petfinder looking at dogs who need homes. But the boy won’t go for it. He’s right, because we don’t have the room or money for another dog, and our current dog is kind of high-maintenance and doesn’t like other dogs stealing his thunder. Still. I WANT ONE. Actually, if it wasn’t for the boy, I’d probably have like 10 dogs.
- I’ve been obsessing over buying a Le Creuset dutch oven for a while, but we’ve put a moratorium on spending. So I’ll just have to ogle them online.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about leaving Philadelphia lately. I love my city but I think I’m ready for a change. Luckily, the boy agrees. So we might be moving after the wedding. I’m thinking Portland, OR, even though I’ve never been there!
- Twice yesterday, two different people told me that my Facebook statuses are always hilarious and interesting. I should be flattered, and I am, but mostly I’m just kind of depressed that I’m more interesting online than in real life.
- I’m ten years late on this, but I’ve been watching “The West Wing,” and you guys – it is SO GOOD. If you’re looking for something good to watch on DVD, I recommend it.
- If I could change one thing about myself, I’d make myself less lazy. I am so lazy that it disgusts me sometimes.