10 Shallow Reasons to Breastfeed

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
939 posts
Busy bee

haah I love this! I will say weight loss was the best side effect of breasfeeding for me, and it also helps shrink your uterus back down faster so you’re mommy tummy goes away a lot faster!

Post # 5
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Ha! Shove a boob in his mouth. Also works on his father lol!

Post # 6
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yes, some of them might be a little “shallow” but I thought these were actually pretty legitimate reasons, no giant robots here 🙂 Thanks for sharing – btw, the one about the poop, my mom used to say that, along with the baby puke, it’s SO much better on breastmilk. Ah the things I remember being the oldest of 4…

Post # 7
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I love this too! I dont know how anybody can disagree with this.  It is good for the baby and good for you too!

Post # 8
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@bunnymama:  I LOVE scarymommy.com! All of the stuff on there is so so funny and just a wee bit sentimental on occasion if you blink. If I ever get to become a mom, I hope I’m as cool as these moms!

And I made the decision to breastfeed when the time comes ONLY because I saw one of my friends lose over 60lbs in a year breastfeeding. Sign my shallow ass up for that!!!!

Post # 9
6023 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m not anywhere close to being a mom yet but I’m totally feeling all of those reasons. Lol

Post # 10
1305 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

#6 and #8 aren’t 100% true. DD was exclusively breastfed until 7 months and AF came back with a vengence when she was 4 months old.

I’ve also heard of way to many oops babies where the mom thought she was safe because she was breastfeeding.

Post # 11
939 posts
Busy bee

@angela85:  I breasfed for 18 months and my period came back after 4 months too, which totally sucked!

Post # 12
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

This was so funny and informative at the same time. I loved it!

Post # 14
1414 posts
Bumble bee

@bunnymama: This is hilarious! Thanks for sharing the link.

@angela85:  Very true. There are only 13 months between my DH and his sister because MIL got pregnant while breastfeeding.

Post # 15
616 posts
Busy bee

@angela85:  Absolutely, brother and sister have 12 months and five days between them bc mom thought breastfeeding was birth control. 

Post # 16
4296 posts
Honey bee

HILARIOUS!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors