10 Signs You're That Annoying Facebook Couple

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: Are you guilty?!
    I would never do any of these. Not in a million years. : (117 votes)
    62 %
    I have done one of these. : (54 votes)
    29 %
    I have done a few of these. : (13 votes)
    7 %
    I have done ALL OF THESE! Deal with it! : (0 votes)
    Screw it, I like polls. : (4 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    9949 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve never done any of that.  

Post # 4
    896 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2009

@rachelmichelle:  These things always make me glad I do not have a facebook.  I am seriously annoyed by people who use facebook as a channel of communication between themselves and their SOs.  If you love him, tell him–not me.  I just have never understood it.  

Post # 5
    2474 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Ack, gross gross gross, all of those things gross.

Post # 7
    5432 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

I used to have a friend in highschool who would say that the love between her and her boyfriend wasn’t real until other people saw it and acknowledged it (same with romantic gestures/gifts/dates/etc). She did pretty much all of the things on that list aha.

I think I’m only guilty of #2, but even then I barely ever post statuses, only on ‘milestones’ or anniversaries, and I keep it short and sweet – never a paragraph. Something like “so lucky to be celebrating ___ to day with my future husband and best friend”. I find it weird when couples use Facebook statuses as a way to communicate with their SO, especially when they’re in the same room! “hunnybunchesmoonpie, I just wanted to let you know that I couldn’t survive in this world without you blah blah…thank you for being there for me and taking out the garbage today” Ahaha that’s the stuff that really annoys me.

I hate when people overshare too! I don’t need to know the extent of your PRIVATE relationship issues and neither do the 700 other people on your friends list.

Post # 8
    4043 posts
    Honey bee

Have never done any of these things. I did post wedding photos, but I wasn’t overly gushy about it. Those kinds of posts really annoy me. The only other thing I find more annoying are couples accounts.

Post # 9
    2562 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I agree with all of it except for the example on #5. Nothing wrong with posting “I get to marry my best friend tomorrow” as long as you havent posted 100 wedding things before it.

Post # 10
    2449 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

oh goodness. no.

Post # 11
    613 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

hahaha, I like how all 10 were posted by the same person and not a collection from different random people!

and yes I am guilty of some of those those. #1 because we were only 14 when we started dating, so I was stupid and thought every month together needed to be celebrated by the world.

and #2, not as mushy as those ones, just statuses of appreciation for my FI, especially when he does something sweet. I love bragging about him (:

Post # 12
    4698 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I did a selfie of me and him and the dog in bed once… fully clothed (except the dog) and in the daytime. I didn’t know that was bad. 

I don’t mind when couples are like that on facebook, though. Kinda cute sometimes. If it makes them so happy to do it, I think it’s silly to complain when I can just as easily ignore and leave them to their silly fun. 

Post # 15
    6812 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

The only thing I “might” be guilty of is that we sometimes jokingly shame each other on things. We have this on going joke that in the middle of the night, ninjas break into the house and [insert something the other person did without being noticed here]. Sometimes, we will post on each other’s facebook (like, if I didn’t get to mention it to him in the morning), but it’s meant to be funny. For eg, we once bought a cheesecake sampler. When I woke up, 2 slices of cheesecake were gone. I posted on his facebook page, “The ninjas broke in again and ate TWO slices of cheesecake last night! We must protect our place against these ninjas better.” I think everyone knew I was calling him out on it, but it wasn’t because I actually cared – we bought the cheesecake to eat it. 🙂

Post # 16
    4601 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I have done #5. I did post that we were 4 months out and that I had mad respect for people who plan weddings in less time than me. 

I don’t post regularly on Facebook though and I very rarely talk about the wedding on there. I only post something a little mushy on our anniversaries and even then it’s not that mushy. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors