10 things about you.

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

1. I research the sex industry in Scotland, but my gran thinks I research education policy.

2. I talk to all the horses at the yard, even though I don’t talk to their owners

3. I think animals are more fun to talk to anyway…

4. The texture of fried egg makes me physically sick

5. I’m a really, really messy person

6. When I get stressed, I like to dance, regardless of where I am, it just calms me down

7. I only get my hair cut twice a year

8. …I’ve just realised my horse gets his ‘hair’ cut more regularly than I do

9. I’m scared of ‘unfamiliar’ showers, especially ones with strange/non-existant showheads

10. This month I stopped taking anti-depressant medications 🙂

Post # 4
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

sounds fun!

1. I used to get strep-throat at least once every single year, from Kindergarten to 7th grade. I missed at least 3 weeks of school every single year just from that 🙁 Finally, my parents decided it would be good to get my tonsils removed, and haven’t had it since!

2. I also used to get bloody noses like crazy, ones that wouldn’t stop for an hour or so. I had very thin skin in my nose, apparently. It was to the point I would get them at least once every 1.5 weeks. Finally got my nose cauterized in 10th grade.

3. I still sleep with my teddy bear my grandparents gave me when I was 1. (FI thinks its cute haha)

4. My favorite animal is the horse. 

5. I can’t stand wearing nail polish. I don’t know why, but I hate it.

6. I didn’t know what basic spices were or how they tasted or how to cook with them until my FI taught me soon after we met. He was appalled lol

7. My favorite food is cookies. 

8. I really enjoy drawing and designing, and have since I was little. My mom tells everyone that she knew I would be an artist from a very early age. I draw people’s portraits for fun and give them as gifts (and I’m not bragging, but they are pretty darn good).

9. I cry when I puke, and thats why I’m so scared of puking. That and it doesn’t feel good at all.

10. I really like to read.

Post # 5
152 posts
Blushing bee

@ladybrick:  For number four – best animal there is 🙂

I also cry when I hurl – and before and after, it makes me into a big baby!

Post # 7
152 posts
Blushing bee

@allyfally:  Thanks! I was determined to be off them by christmas!

I’m a lecturer/tutor/researcher/PhD candidate – and the research part of my job involves looking at different parts of the sex industry in Scotland and (attempting) to publish papers, mostly surrounding issues of choice and identity.

Post # 8
2124 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

1. I’m in graduate school, studying to become a pediatric neuropsychologist

2. I’d rather be outside in nature than anywhere else, as long it isn’t freezing outside or extremely hot

3. I’m agnostic but hope that there is something greater than us

4. I’ve been writing poems and short stories since I was 7 

5. When my H and I were dating we saw shooting stars all of the time

6. I have really lucid and clear dreams

7. I have a bit of an obsession with trees and flowers

8. I love folk-rock, hard rock, classical and soothing music

9. If I could, I would wear different pairs of UGG shoes all year long

10. I can’t stand strong smells or certain textures with food, they make me sick

Post # 9
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

1.  I love terrible, cheap coffee.  If I can get unlimited refills for under $1.30, I will sit for hours in a diner.  It was worse when you could still smoke in diners….I spent most of my late teens/early twenties in greasy diners too late at night.

2.  I make snap judgements about people based on whether or not they like Catcher in the Rye.  Answer incorrectly and I will decide we can’t be friends.  (Note:  I hate this book.  My AP English teacher once told me I was “too well-adjusted” to understand Holden Caulfield.  I begged to differ.)

3.  I am hate cooking meat.  I was a vegetarian for most of college, and I think mit was partly because I cannot deal with cooking raw meat.  If it isn’t grossing me out, then I am paranoid it is not cooked enough.  I have overcooked so many things…

4.  I can turn almost any literature reading into a statement on women’s rights.  I am very proud of this talent and work daily to turn my students into tiny feminists. 

5.  In college, I lived in a dorm with community bathrooms (all female).  Since then, I have no issues at all with public restrooms.  It can be the grossest, weirdest gas station bathroom in the middle of nowhere, but it won’t really bother me.  If i gotta pee, then I gotta pee.

6.  One of my best friends and I will sometimes only communicate in pterodactyl noises.  

7. I have to sleep on a cool pillow.  I use satin pillowcases, and I travel with them.  I cannot sleep if my face is warm.

8.  In high school, the poet laureat of my state spoke to my English class and we shared poetry with him.  He wrote my teacher a letter telling her that I was awesome and very talented.   Since then, I have been panicked that I reached my writing peak in high school (ten years ago…).

9. I lost my favorite baby doll when i was 2, but i spent at least 4 years believing that she lived in air vents at the grocery store.  No one ever told me that she was there, but I used to sneak away from my mom to whisper secrets to the vents, believing that my doll would hear me.

10.  When I was about 6 or 7, a toy fell out of my closet when i was sleeping.  It was a Ronald McDonald doll that had a talking pull string…The string got caught on a hook and i was awakened by a loud announcement of “I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!”    I have been terrified of Ronald since.

Post # 10
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

1. My job is an 8 hour drive (or 1 hour flight) from my house.

2. My cousin and her FI introduced FH and I.

3. I still sleep walk. It’s pretty normal for kids to do it, but I also do it.

4. I played dice with Incubus back stage after their concert 5 years ago.

5. I lived in Spain for 2 summers. One studying (Segovia) and the other interning (Barcelona)

6. I don’t drink coffee and I have never eaten a cheeseburger/hamburger. (I think they are yucky.)

7. I talk to our cat a lot. We also refer to each other as “cat mommy” and “cat daddy.” Weird…I know.

8. Along the lines of sleep walking, I have sleep paralysis on a regular basis. It’s where the consious side of your brain wakes up during REM sleep, but you are still paralyzed. Scary as hell when it first happens. Now I just force myself back to sleep.

9. I hate snow.

10. I got scarlet fever (rheumatic fever) as a kid. I don’t have any lasting complications, though.

Post # 13
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

1. I hate snow, more than anything in the world.

2. I’m always freezing. FI gets very upset when I crawl into bed after him and put my cold fee against his legs to try and warm up.

3. I am a huge bookworm.

4. I’m terrified of spiders. And snakes. And tornadoes. And thunderstorms.

5. I am forever changing my hair color.

6. Little old couples at the grocery store crack me up. ( I work part time at one and I just adore watching how cute they are. I hope I’m a cute old person one day.)

7. I never want to live anywhere else other than the town I currently live in.

8. I did not go to the beach for the first time until I was almost 21. ( I didn’t go on a boat for the first time til this past summer–I was 23/24).

9. If I could wear yoga pants 24/7 I would. They are my fave.

10. I am hopelessly unorganized. I try really hard, but I just can’t get it together.

Post # 14
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@allyfally:  I fly out on Monday morning and stay in a hotel. I work 4- 10 hour days and then fly home on Thursday night. It’s the standard work schedule for consultants.

Post # 16
1025 posts
Bumble bee

1. I went to school in Canada and Iceland.

2. I used to be a professional Irish Dancer

3. I really want to go to school for ultrasound

4. I’m terrified of change

5. I’m allergic to kiwis and red foor dye

6. My passion is cooking and baking

7. My favourite time of year is Gingerbread Latte Season

8. I really want to learn photography but I’m terrified of taking photos

9. I’m a trained psychologist

10. I love Cuban art

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors