(Closed) 10 things I love about FI…

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

oh!  I’ll play…

1) His motivation – he doesn’t come from much of anything and aspires to be so much in life (no doubt he will achieve his dreams)

2) He told me in 8th grade he would marry me… we haven’t been apart since

3) His cleanliness and organization

4) His love for children

5) His passion for soccer

6) His intelligence – he’s so amazingly smart!!!

7) His humor – cliche, but he knows how to crack up a room!

8) His culture – I love it when he speaks spanish πŸ™‚

9) Willingness to go above and beyond for anyone… he would like to start a scholarship foundation sometime in the future

10) His morals… I haven’t met another guy his age with the maturity and respect he has for anyone else

… most importantly, the fact that we really are one person.  We go to the same college, have the same major, same classes, and live together.  People ask if we get “sick of each other” and the answer is never.  If either one of us is gone for a couple of hours, we’ve probably texted or called at least 10 times.  haha!!!  Believe it or not… neither one of us are “needy” by any means.  We’re just like twins, we enjoy being with each other and spending time together — hardly ever argue.  We’re actually very independent people, but just prefer to be with each other!!

Ok – that’s all my sappiness for now… lol!!

Post # 5
3520 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

1.  He’s a man’s man… he drives a truck, has power tools, and uses them around the house.

2.  He’s a great daddy to our Boston Terrier.  He talks to him and kisses him when he thinks I’m not looking.

3.  He has dimples and he hates it.

4.  He loves me as much as I love him, and is very demonstrative.

Why is this in waiting if we’re talking about Fis?

Post # 6
2894 posts
Sugar bee

Well, he’s not my Fiance…yet. πŸ™‚ But he’s still wonderful.

1. He’s traditional and loving.

2. He’s so manly but doesn’t shy away from a pink drink because in his book flavor trumps appearance.

3. He’s a chef and we share a genuine passion of food.

4. He’s a rockstar in the bedroom. Wink

5. He’s the hardest worker I’ve ever known.

6. He doesn’t think he’s as sexy as he really is.

7. He never yells. He values the importance of fighting fair and communicating.

8. He has a silly sense of humor.

9. He is caring and will be a great father.

10. He’s a true gentleman – a rare find these days.

Post # 8
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

1. He treats me like I’m the only girl in the world

2. He’s a Firefighter, and shares the same passion as me

3. He’s tall, 6’8

4. He’s independant like me which makes us more clingy to eachother (if that makes sence LOL)

5. He’s smart with money

6. He’s amazing with animals and kids (which for 22 years old is rare)

7. He knows to stay out the kitchen when I cook LOL

8. He has great taste in friends who all love me

9. He Me makes every time like the first time πŸ™‚

10. If he’s out on at a fire, etc. he’ll call/text me to tell me whats happening and to let me know he’s okay πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Believes in me
Understands my independence and is not threatened by it

Sense of humor, but he would still say I am the funnier of the two of us.

Overall positive outlook (especially when I’m being a worry-wart)

That’s just some….

Post # 10
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@claireos: #7….my FH isn’t really a yeller either. I could probably count on one hand the number of times he has yelled in the past 11 years.

Post # 11
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Birdie Love & @claireos: Good points about the not yelling – that’s such a great attribute… it really is!  FI is like that as well.

Post # 12
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

1. He reminds me about important dates or appointments that I’m likely to forget.

2. He likes to end a disagreement  by holding me tight for a long time.

3. He values humility and hates ostentatiousness and materialism.

4. He compliments my looks in fantastically specific terms.

5. He doesn’t lie.

6. He loves to wear a three piece suit.

7. He stares at me sometimes like I’m the most wonderful thing in the world.

8. He always wants to be involved in family dinners, family reunions, and the like.

9. He never hesitates if I need help, if I need cheering up, if I need advice.

10. He has his own friends, but he’d rather spend time with me.

Post # 13
11395 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

My husband has soooo many great trates that I do not have!!!!! lol

1. He is patient, probably the most patient person I know.

2. He smiles all the time, even at work his name is “Smiley!”

3. He acts like I am the only woman in the world. 

4. He LOVES to hold my hand/me when we are out and about, as I love holding his!

5. He talks to me in a sweet baby talk voice.

6. He tells me I’m beautiful, no matter if I am dressed up or in sweats with my hair pulled back.

7. He loves our pets as much as I do.

8. We have a great passion together (Golf!) And he would rather me go with him and play than “the guys.”

9. He stares at me alot & even though I tell him to stop whilst laughing, I LOVE it!

10. He is my better half, honestly. <3

Post # 14
11395 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@MsYellowJacket: Thats really sweet about the 8th grade thing! How long have you two been together? πŸ™‚ Hubby & I started dating when I was 15 & he was 17. I rarely see bee’s talk about being with their fi/hubby since grade school/ high school. And Hubby & I are together ALL the time also & do everything together literally! And we never get tired of it!!!!! It really is great to be with someone who likes the same things as you do/has the same interests! Hubby & I go to the YMCA every morning and work out together (I even bench press him) LOL Me at a whoping 116 pounds (weighed myself today) lol. Anyways and we golf every weekend we can. Plus the other daily things you mentioned above sleep/eat/live together. Grocery shop together, shop for anything we always do it together. Basically the only time we are apart is when he is at work. πŸ™‚ Thought it was nice to see another bee who is the same! I know most people NEED a girls night out, but my hubby is my best friend in the entire world and Id rather be out with him!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
234 posts
Helper bee

Not my Fiance yet, but I’m gonna share anyway πŸ™‚

1. He’s so motivated and driven–he is on a definite path to success. (But not only money-wise, he’s like this in all parts of his life.)

2. He complements me, and in that way we make each other better–he’s math and science, I’m language and liberal arts; he’s extremely organized, I’m working on it; he’s frugal with money, I get him to spend when he really needs to; he tends to get stressed out, I help him to relax; etc.)

3. He is great with animals and children–I cannot wait for him to be the father of my children!

4. He is goofy–sometimes when I forget to laugh, he makes me.

5. He has the world’s most comforting hugs πŸ™‚

6. He loves to cuddle in bed…in my past experiences, it’s not all that common to find a man who loves cuddling.

7. He’s very handsome πŸ˜‰

8. He’s domesticated….haha what I mean is he cleans and cooks–I love it when I have someone to cook with. It makes it so much more enjoyable.

9. I can really truly trust him and know that he won’t betray me with 100% of my heart. Based on my past experiences, that is so so so important.

10. He will change his plans to accomodate my visits (although I really don’t require too much accommodation…)

Post # 16
5169 posts
Bee Keeper

oh yay!

1)I love the way he loves me and my daughter.. its pure.. unconditional..all encompassing love. And I love him for that

2) He is cultured in the world as well as the mind (Thinks outside of the box and loves to try new things..oh and he has been pretty much everywhere!)

3) He is so damn smart! I fancy myself an intellectual but damn.. he is really smart! (I have a USAFA grad on my hands)

4) I love that he is in the military and wears a sexy uniform πŸ˜€

5) I love that he is loyal and is willing to give up everything just to be with me

6) I love that he knows how to make my day better when all I see is rain

7) I love that he not only tells me that he loves me but shows me many times, everyday

8) I love how protective he is of myself and my daughter

9) I love how driven he is.. in all aspects of life.. work.. study.. 

10) I love thinking about him and knowing that I could never complete this list.

The topic ‘10 things I love about FI…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors