10 things you'll regret not doing on your wedding day

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

SellyJo:  I think it’s stupid. Only a couple things on there I’d regret, not wearing comfy shoes, not setting a budget…but ones like this:

Not doing a ‘morning of the wedding’ gift swap

Not having a videographer

Those are nice-to-haves, not omg-you’ll-regret-not-doing-it.

I’m not even having bridesmaids or many things on that list and I know I won’t regret it.

Post # 3
Hostess
9831 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

SellyJo:  

1. Not doing a ‘morning of the wedding’ gift swap<br /> Didn’t do it, don’t regret it.

2. Not having ‘the chat’ with your photographer<br /> We did this – still missed a few shots but got all the important ones!

3. Not having a videographer<br /> We had a camera set up for the ceremony, sadly it didn’t record (we don’t know what happened) thankfully my Aunt got a cell phone video which gets most of the ceremony. 

4. Not adding personal touches<br /> We had lots of these 🙂

5. Not indulging yourself with a luxurious beauty treatment

My BMs and I went for Mani/Pedis (on me) the day before, it was amazing – no regrets!

6. Not getting ready with your bridal party<br /> Also a blast!

7. Not keeping an eye on the time when getting ready<br /> I’m a crazy planner – we were completely on time, but there was a BM who was designated time checker.  My advice is to plan the day BACKWARDS and add at least 15 minutes to how long you think everything will take!

8. Not making a speech if you want to<br /> DH and I made a speech, we jsut kind of winged it, I wish we’d been a little more prepared but it was still good!

9. Not taking 10 minutes alone with your groom<br /> We didn’t plan this – but it just sort of happened that we had a few minutes to just be alone between pictures and the reception.  It was a really nice – definitely recommend scheduling a few minutes to yourselves!

10. Not choosing the bridesmaids you really want<br /> I have my girls 😀

What I wish we’d done – I wish we had had someone in charge of our guestbook or made an announcement about it, a lot of people didn’t sign it and that bums me out!

Post # 4
3361 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

SellyJo:  I guess these only really apply if you want to have a traditional wedding with a bridal party and big reception with dancing. Though even if you did have that kind of wedding, some of these seem kind of stupid, like a morning gift exchange, sounds like a cute idea, but I don’t know that it is so necessary that you’ll regret not doing it. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors