(Closed) 10 weeks to go and the parents are still giving me trouble

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
46128 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Pick the song that you want as it is obviously not a big deal for him.

Get married. Move out. Stay out as long as you want.

Post # 5
1962 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I would just pick a song that you love. If you want him to help pick the song what about choosing a few that you like and asking him what he thinks of those? He just might not be that interested in the song selection.  If that’s the case that doesn’t mean that the dance won’t mean anything special to him.  Could it be that since it is a very small wedding he may not feel like it is as big of a moment as it could be?

Post # 7
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

Well I’m not sure if that was what he was thinking. I’m sorry that you are so upset.  Nobody needs that kind of stress right before their wedding. Sometimes I just assume that it is one of those things where men just think and feel way differently than we do sometimes. Has it been long enough for things to cool down after your argument so that you could have a talk with him?  I would just stick with picking a few songs and then sit down and have a talk with him.  Let him know how much it hurt you and how special the moment is to you.  Oh and don’t get me wrong I think destination weddings are still just as important.  I just know some people have that thought about them.  My cousin wants to get married away from home and have a reception here. My family threw a fit.

Post # 9
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

Frown I really wish I could give you a hug right now or at least say something more helpful.  Just try to give your family some space for now and dream about how lovely it will be when you and your FI are hitched. I think at this point the more you think about it the more it will upset you. 

The topic ‘10 weeks to go and the parents are still giving me trouble’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors