(Closed) 10 year renewal

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

You can do all of the traditional wedding hoopla if you want to, though you shouldn’t be surprised if you get more than a few raised eyebrows and puzzled looks. But rather than thinking of it as a “wedding”, it may be more helpful to think of it as a great party where you renew your vows in the presence of your favorite people. Reframing it in your mind may help you decide exactly which “wedding” customs and practices feel right to you, and which ones you can get rid of.

Edit: Whatever you do, do not slip up and use the word “wedding” in any conversations with vendors… ever! If you do, they start seeing extra dollar signs and your budget will be hurting! LOL

FWIW, we are planning a huge 1 year anniversary party because we chose to have a small wedding. We’ll be doing it in our back yard with a rented tent/tables/chairs, BBQ catering, either a s’mores or a candy bar, faux-to booth, a dance floor, DJ, and live band. I’ve priced it out for 120 people, and it should run us about $3000 (the DJ and band will be cheap because they are good friends). We’re skipping the pro photog, fancy meal, high end flowers, etc. that we had at the official wedding because we really just want to party with our people.  

Post # 4
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Congrats! 10 years is an amazing accomplishment! Lots of brides on weddingbee throw a wedding on a budget – i would do some searches for it and see if you can get any ideas from them.

I would start with finding a venue – (be sure to book a place that holds an appropirate amount of people for your renewal) a ballroom, a modern loft, park, museum and even check restaurants in your area that allow weddings.

Once you’ve got the venue in place it makes things a lot easier, you can start to think about color schemes or themes which will lead you down the road to decorations and all the little details we love about weddings.

Find a dress! check the classifieds section on weddingbee – there are also tons of websites that have preowned dresses (it will help keep your budget down) but since you went to JOP i would highly suggest splurging on your dress 🙂

Flowers can be easily done DIY with silk or bulk fresh floral from websites like samsclub for fiftyflowers.com.

do some research for DJ’s or a band – you can always opt for an iPod which i’ve seen work really well but DJ’s are affordable and really keep the party going.

USE USE USE weddingbee! there are so many creative DIY brides out there than are more than willing to help!

The topic ‘10 year renewal’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors