(Closed) 100 days to go…starting to regret my DW

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@fresitachulita:  Sending you {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} sweetie!  I know exactly how you are feeling.  I’m less than 90 days out from my Destination Wedding and I came close to canceling it last week and just going to the JOP.  At first everyone was SO excited to come to our Destination Wedding but as the RSVP deadline looms closer we are suddenly dealing with avoidance, grumblings, claims of poverty, etc.  DWs, unfortunately, ARE very expensive for our guests so it makes sense that as reality sets in so might a little attitude.  All you can do is focus on you and your Fiance and your marriage.  Everything else is just icing on the cake.  Your wedding day will be beautiful and the people who are able to come will have a memorable time.  Don’t worry so much about getting “people excited” just worry about keeping yourself and your Fiance excited.  This is the happiest time in your life so try not to let others bring you down.  Good luck!

Post # 4
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

The economy is terrible right now, but so many people are also bad at managing their finances. You told everyone way ahead of time, so if they wanted to attend they could save up for it. Pending any dire circumstances, my guess is that these people didn’t plan ahead and are now grumbling about it.

I’m sorry you are going through this and your family and friends are not more supportive. I wish you all the best in having a nice wedding despite all this!

Post # 5
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I know how you feel.  Most of DH’s family couldn’t come because of finances but mostly because they are all too afraid to fly.  We were asked to have a second reception in his hometown so more people could come but then we just knew that most wouldn’t have gone to the ceremony.  His brother (only sib) is terrified to fly and completely broke.  He was on the fence about coming.  We split the cost of airfare and paid for his hotel room.  He made his reservations 2 weeks prior.  

His family didn’t understand WHY we were having a Destination Wedding…thought it should be in his hometown.  My family lives 2000 miles away from his and it wasn’t fair for them to pay for flights, hotel, etc.  

A LOT of people were on the fence about coming….one guy even said to count him in b/c he was gonna make the flight from London to come and he was bringing someone even though he is single.  This all 1 week before…luckily, I didn’t count him in our totals b/c he never showed.  

The topic ‘100 days to go…starting to regret my DW’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors