100 edited photos!?

posted 2 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
1072 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I think 100 pictures is way too few. We were given 300 in our initial preview ‘cut’, and it already seemed rather scanty and missed a few key things/moments. In the end we got about 900 from two shooters over 10 hours, which was a lot, but I think 500-600 would have been a good number. If you are anything like us you will definitely want the extra unedited files, so count that into your budget.

Post # 3
1302 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

this is absolute bs. don’t hire her. you should get your 1000-1500 images without paying an extra fee. ive only had one experience with a photographer like this, where you paid to have your pics on a web gallery but even more for the actual digital release. but seriously, i think it’s awful marketing. you can definitely find more for your buck. good luck! 

Post # 4
Hostess
9907 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

We got 700+ edited photos from our wedding, we didn’t get any of the unedited ones (although I’m debating asking for them – they’re not part of our contract)

We paid $2500 for 8 hours with our photog and a 2nd shooter.

Post # 5
2791 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

I’d pay the extra fee to get them all. 

Post # 6
3709 posts
Sugar bee

My 1st daughter to marry got 1300 proofs, from a 3-photographer group (8 hours each). My 2nd to marry got almost 800 – 1 photographer for 8 hours and the 2nd for 4 hours. I don’t know if they were edited – I think they’re waiting to see which ones she choses for her album (120 photos).

Post # 8
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I agree with other pp’s, don’t go with her. I got almost 1500+ photos back total and around 500 of them were edited. Also, I used to be an art major and I have all of the adobe programs so I was glad to have all the raw ones also!

Post # 9
1669 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

bourbonandflowers:  I’d advise against this. Our photographer provided us with 750 edited images on a personalized drive. 100 is so not enough after 8 hours.

Post # 10
1532 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

You absolutely need more than 100 photos.

The $2200 option may work for you, but keep looking for other photographers! I mean unless it’s getting down the the wire. You may be able to find someone better. I’d be surprised if you can’t find a better value, but I’m from the other side of the country, so what do I know Seattle photographers? 🙂

Post # 11
2704 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

bourbonandflowers:  If you like her and she comes recommended and is already such a great deal, then pay the extra $450 and get all of the photos. You’ll want more than 100 for sure!

Post # 12
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

That seems odd. I know I won’t get all my photos (my photographer culls, which after looking through the unculled photos of my sister in laws wedding thank GOD he does) and my photographer only does editing on the files we choose for the album. 

That being said, ending up with only 100 photos seems like way too many. I’d want at least 300 to 500 from a full day of shooting. 

If you are SUPER happy with her work and have seen several full weddings, I’d pay the extra now to get them all. It already seems like the price is fairly low to start.

The only person I know who recieved that few photos was my friend who hired a photographer who shoots film (they were AWESOME by the way).

Post # 13
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

bourbonandflowers:  ugh. i really hate that photographers actually expect you to pay extra for photos of YOU and YOUR husband. I wouldn’t hire her. I would find someone else. 

Our photographers took 1600 photos the day of our wedding and we got to keep them all, and they were all edited, photoshopped, enhanced (it came with the package). I am sure you can find a photographer who does great work and offers a better deal. 

Post # 14
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Tarp Chapel

Oh wow, I am getting over 500 edited photos + the rest of the photos on a CD for FI and I to pick if we want her to edit them, and that is all included in the price. I would look for another photographer honestly.

Post # 15
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

bourbonandflowers:  Total BS… It is nice you could pick the 100 edits though- thats quite unusual. However to put this in perspective for ya we paid $600 for just 3 hours of photos since we had a tiny 4 person wedding. We ended up with a next-day preview of 50+ photos, then a month later the whole shebang of 360 photos.. all for 3 hrs at $600… 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors