(Closed) $100 fine for kids playing outside

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This is why the nation is obese. These people need to shove it.

Post # 5
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

That is crazy… I understand the need for safety of the children, and maybe playing in a parking lot isn’t the best option, but banning kids from playing? Really?

Post # 6
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

wtf?!

Is this “if they are playing out in the street” or if they are in your own yard or a designated play area? I can kind of understand the playing in the street argument, depending on how populated/busy your neighborhood is, but if they are trying to fine ppl for having kids play in their own yards, that’s nuts. Also, what if kids need to walk from one yard to another? Do they fine them then?

This is totally weird. I doubt it will fly.

Post # 7
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I understand that they don’t want the kids getting hurt but you cannot FORBID them to play outside, that is insane.

Post # 8
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

HOAs have gotten out of control.  I once got fined for having a bag of mulch on my front porch, BEHIND a column.  You would have to reallllly be looking at a certain angle to even see it from the street.  I got fined for having “rubbish” on my porch???

Post # 11
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Wow this is a little extreme.  There is a section of my city where people can be fined for sitting on their front stoops.

Post # 12
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think playing in the street should be banned but not in their own back yard or front lawn? I drive by some neighbourhoods where kids play ball in the street and I’m terrified of that area because they will run into the street literally out of NO WHERE, its like one minute the street is empty and the next minute theres a kid racing across dribbling a ball.  I started going the longer way just to avoid that street because I only have two eyes and I never know when I kid will run out and cause an accident.

Post # 15
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

This is just CRAZY!

Post # 16
5978 posts
Bee Keeper

So, I definitely think the HOA is taking this to the extreme, but I do see where they’re coming from. We own a condo, but rent it out, and there are kids who are out playing in everything and anything without their parents’ supervision. For example, we have little brick areas where our dumpsters are on wheels. Kids will play in that area, and if one of them gets hurt, they can sue the HOA. And when the HOA is sued, they assess it to every homeowner. So it’s a huge risk if a child is hurt on their property.

Again, I think they’re taking it a little far with no playing in common areas at all, but I can certainly see why they need something in place if the parents won’t watch their children.

The topic ‘$100 fine for kids playing outside’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors