(Closed) 100% OTT wedding…how many to invite?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Create an A list of no more than 80-90 people and a B list and only send save the dates to the A list.  Send out two rounds of invitations closer to your wedding depending on the responses of the A list.

OR, have your family, your fiance’s family, yourself, and your fiance personally call or email your own A & B list guests and get a feeler for whether or not they’d be able to attend.  My fiance’s mother is doing feeler calls to her family for us so that we don’t wind up with grossly too many or too few people.  You’ll always get a few that will say that they can’t make it and find out that they can after you send them the invite and invited others in their place, but it will give you a good idea.  Just leave a few person cushion.

Post # 4
2641 posts
Sugar bee

Of the folks in question, is there an easy way to divide up who you initve and who you don’t?  While I’m not typically a fan of A and B lists, in some cases there OK.  But I don’t know if they’d be OK in your case.  If it’s a matter of  whether you invite just aunts and uncle, or aunts/uncles and cousins, I don’t see how you can.  It would come across as pretty insulting.  I guess the only time I could possibly see an A and B list, is if you have enough guest who wonl’t know each other at all.

When you say they’re good travellers, what do you mean?  They travel a lot? They don’t mind planes?  They have a lot of money?  Are many of them retired?  If your wedding is on a Friday,  I would think you’d have some declines because people would be taking two vacation days.  although FL in January would be pretty inviting. 

If you can get a feel from guests or your parents, as to how likely people would be to go, that would help.  If you really think that all of these folks would go, I would only invite some, if you can make a clear division on who to include and exclude.

The topic ‘100% OTT wedding…how many to invite?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors