(Closed) 100 people in a 500 person ballroom??

posted 7 years ago in Reception
  • poll: This ballroom......
    Would look fine with 100 people, Go for it! : (8 votes)
    31 %
    would look empty, so 5 chairs per table and make it work! : (7 votes)
    27 %
    Would look empty and 5 chairs per table is crazy! Find a smaller place : (10 votes)
    38 %
    Other (describe below) : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    629 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I think it will be fine, since there is so much decoration and visual interst. (The room is gorgeous!) If it were just a plain large hall I might think it would seem empty, but not in this space. Ivote to go for it– especially since it’s the best deal you have found,

Post # 4
    2192 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Find a smaller venue.  Your party will be dwarfed by the size of the room.  5 people in a tiny room looks and feels like a party.  100 people in a room fit for 500 will not give the same party atmosphere as your would like.  I say skip it unless you can section off the space somehow.

Post # 5
    1962 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Hmm I think it could work nicely if you have other things to occupy the extra space. Would your mom be interested in having a DIY photo booth set up? You could set up a little display of your mom and her husband over the years. I think the space looks beautiful and if you really like it I’m sure there are ways to make it work. 

Post # 6
    624 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Ask them what they would do. Some places will put up a partial wall to block off part of the room. 

Post # 7
    726 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

What is the name of this place? It’s very pretty and I’d maybe like to look into it for my own wedding, but we’re inviting ~400, not that anywhere near that many would come. I’d want a venue where the size matches the number of people, so it doesn’t look like “oh, we’re still waiting for everyone else to show up?” “no… this is everyone…”

Post # 8
    921 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

maybe if you put the 5 to a table and had all the tables on once side? then you could use the center area for dancing and tables for the food? you could arrange the room to make it look smaller by adding more things to it!

Post # 9
    146 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Just make sure that the venue doesn’t have a minimum person requirement!  Otherwise, enjoy all the space!

Post # 10
    2305 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

Should be fine, you can use plants and other sort of decoration to dwarf the place down.

Post # 11
    11 posts
    • Wedding: May 1994

I think you can make it work! You would be hard pressed, at least in my area, to find a venue that beautiful that includes all that you mentioned for that price! @msgraphics is right on – sometimes the venues have draped partitions to help size the space appropriately, if they do not , they can easily be rented. I’ve seen a high school gym be transformed into a fairytale land with the use of draped partitions! Photo booths can be super fun too – I’ve seen them with dress up clothes inside & chalk boards to write messages to the couple. (May be too whimsical for this event)

If you think the area of town is difficult to access, it will probabaly be even more daunting to guests in your parent’s age group. Ask the Venue for their suggestions to offer guests easy solutions for arrival, access or parking; whatever the issue is; then put these suggestions on the rsvp or map or just as an insert in the invitations.

The topic ‘100 people in a 500 person ballroom??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors