(Closed) $1,000 San Diego budget. Please Help!!

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I would first suggest checking ebay and craigslist for anything (check under events for photographers and cake bakers and even caterers!). Are you wanting your wedding to be nxt month? Also I believe dollartree.com is having a special (free shipping) this week. Check there for ideas and inspiration too. You definately are in the right place for help!

Post # 4
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I am a San Diego Bride too! We are definitely scrimping to make this wedding work, and I have a great flower tip for you:

San Diego Wholesale Flowers on Kearny Villa Rd.

LINK to Yelp!

I linked you to their Yelp page, because I haven’t used them yet, and you should look at their reviews if you want to use them. Based on what I read and the prices I found on their website, I know FI and I can DIY our flowers for really cheap. I also have about 10 people to help me DIY flowers and cake before the wedding. They all offered to help, and I love that our wedding will be about community, too. Maybe your family and friends will want to help out too, and that could save you a lot!

You can find a photography student who wants to build their portfolio, and that can be really cheap. You can check out the community colleges and universities around the area.

Post # 5
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Is $1000 for your dress and everything? If so, there is a great consignment dress shop in La Mesa that has pretty reasonable prices. You can also order a LOT of bridemaids dresses in white and they’re REALLY affordable. Also, if you’re not doing a church or religious ceremony, you could have a friend get ordained online and officiate, that would save money. YOu could also have the ceremony then outdoors, either on the beach or Kate Sessions Park has a great view! I went to a wedding there and it was GREAT! For reception, you could probably score a good deal at a restaurant. With only 25 people you have the flexibility of using a banquet room. What type of food are you thinking, that way I could think of actual suggestions?

Also what PP said about wholesale flowers is definitely a great idea! I’ve heard lots of great things about that specific place, too!

San Diego, is not exactly a cheap location for weddings, but you can definitely make it work!!

Post # 6
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Also a thought just occurred to me. Sinces you are not having that many guests, perhaps you could do one long rectangular table for reception and do it like a family-style dinner? That would cut down on centerpieces and everything else. Also check thrift stores like goodwill or salvation army for centerpieces… You can also pickup your flowers and cake from a local grocery store (or find flowers at a farmers market).

Post # 8
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

What about renting out a banquet room at a great restaurant? We did that at a sushi place in La Jolla for our rehearsal dinner, and I still think we should have just made that a small wedding reception and ditched the big shindig that we threw for the actual wedding. Our rehearsal was more than your budget, but I think if you went for a cheaper cuisine (sushi can get pricey!) you’d have a lot of luck. Most restaurants are already really done up on their own, and come with the tables and chairs. You’d be able to add a few candles and some inexpensive flowers and call it a day!

The topic ‘$1,000 San Diego budget. Please Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors