Post # 3
2009 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Post # 4
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

@DeezWifey:  I’d elope… and that’s what we plan on doing.

We’re going to go stay at our favorite hotel in the mountains (ok, the hotel stay isn’t part of the wedding price), and then spend around $300 on having a wedding officiant take us to a picturesque location. I’ll probably get a bouquet (I am guessing around $100)… wear a nice white dress, not necessarily a wedding one (under $200). Other than that we won’t have any actual wedding costs.

I’m not counting the ring costs in here, not sure if I was supposed to lol.

Post # 5
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Ooooh I’ve never been married but I want to play.

$99.00 davidsbridal dres

$85.00  Hawaiian food catering (hope everyone likes sticky rice and pulled pork)

$100.00 dress pants and button up shirt for groom

$200.00 to rent park for wedding until midnight

$40.00 for case of plates from dollartree

$25.00 for case of silverware from dollartree

$15.00 for paper to print invites

$25.00 for 25.00 vases for each table

$10.00 for 10 bags of 100ct teacandles

That’s 600.00 so I would spend the rest on flowers from a nursery or grocery store.

Ipod for music, ask guests to bring cameras to take more pictures.

Do a dessert potlot.

No bridal party.

100 or less guests.

Oh! and the most important, get married in Oregon where it’s cheap πŸ™‚

Post # 6
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I was going to say I’d do a Destination Wedding with just me and him, then I remembered it costs more than $1000 for us to fly out of here.  Then I realized we live on the beach.  So I guess we’d just have a tiny beach wedding. Smile

Post # 7
2903 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Use of Church is free

reception at parents house is free

$400 budget for flowers/decorations

no attendents

$100 Davids Bridal Dress

$50 tux rental for Fiance, everyone else wears black suits

$450 for finger food including DIY cup cakes for the wedding cake and paper plates

Only have 75 guests

Post # 8
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am not married yet but I was just Maid/Matron of Honor in a $1k wedding that was absolutely beautiful.

My best friend was married in my grandmothers beautiful backyard (my gma’s house sits on 7 acres)

She wore this gown from DB which was Fiance and I’s wedding gift to them along with a fuschia crinoline which I bought and dyed for her myself $149 (not included in the breakdown of the wedding)

She had a Taco and Mojito bar for 120 people = $500.00 (all silverware, plates and drinkware included – family friend)

Linens: 14 overlays (in shades of fushia and gray) rented for $3 a piece = $42.00

122 Gray Polyester napkins = $60

Ceremony arch = $25.00

100 Tea light candles = $1.00

Rose petals for the aisle (5 bags at $1 a piece) = $5.00

122 White Garden Chair rental = $120

14 Tables purchased from Sam’s club = $115.00

Guestbook and pen set = $15.00

My grandmother has a HUGE floral garden lots of Rose bushes of different shades, and loads of wildflowers around her home so we picked 3 baskets full the morning of the wedding for bouquets, centerpieces, bouts and arch decor. The Bride, myself, her mom and my mom put them together πŸ™‚

20 mason jars from Goodwill for Centerpieces at 25 cent a piece = $5.00

We placed the tent over the cement block behind my gma’s house that was suppose to be a basketball court for my little cousins that was NEVER finished and that was our dancefloor

Her mother made her cake (cake stand $30. Ingredients $7.00 and cake topper $25.00) = $62.00

Homemade s’mores favors (she had a bonfire at the end of the reception to make and eat our s’mores sooo much fun) = $50.00

Her sister is a professional photog so that was her wedding gift

And she used an Ipod for the reception (the playlist was AH-MAZING) and we had more fun than many of the weddings tha I have been to with a DJ

No bridesmaids/Groomsmen gifts per our request

Her DH just wore a gray suit that he already owned

Grand Total: $1000 EVEN

She did a great job πŸ™‚

ETA: Whoops forgot about the tent rental $200 so she was slightly over the budget. Rings were not included. 

Post # 9
3583 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsRedPumps:  Nice!  Wait…what kind of tables did she buy – that is soo cheap!  Also, can you post her playlist??  πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@JessMorgan777:  Our church wasn’t free!

I’d elope and spend the money on a nice trip for us!

Post # 11
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@Mars62312:  Neither was ours.  With a $1,000 budget, the church would have been 70% of it. The deacon expected a tip for the altar girl and himself on top of that.

I’d elope.

Post # 12
1716 posts
Bumble bee

I’d do it =)

Post # 13
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@WillyNilly:  I am not sure the exact ones, but I know they weren’t regular rounds. They were like small card tables (4 to a table) but she squeezed in 6 per table. Most of the younger crowd stayed outside to eat and the more “mature” guests ate inside and came out for drinks/dancing after dinner.

I will absolutely get that playlist for you. It may take me a couple of days though πŸ™‚

Post # 15
1833 posts
Buzzing bee

I am curently working with a budget just slightly over that for our ceremony this fall.

Tents – free borrowing from a friend

Venue – At a cabin out of town – free

Dress – $34 from the limited (with a lot of fixing up and self tayloring it came to about $60

Decor – dried flowers, jars, lanters,  table cloths, table runners, $280

Food – making my own cake, we are grilling out kabobs and I have friends who have volunteered to bring sides and drinks (a friend who makes wine, another who makes beer etc.) My Dh shot the carribou for the grill and we will most likely buy the peppers and onions etc. at wholesale through our resturant. Should cost about $190 total on our end

Officiant- friend who we are making a nice gift for – basicly free

Certificate, license, all those legal things – $125

Music – Father is playing trumpet for ceremony, friends and our band for the reception – free

Invitations (darn adorable ones) thank you cards, save the dates, and most other paper things cost a stagering $356 which was strangely the bulk of our budget.

luckily my man already has dress pants and shirt and I will be making his vest. we still have a little to fudge with, but not a whole lot.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors