$10,000 Honeymoon – WWYD?

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
4513 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We’re doing Turkey and Italy for 2 weeks and its coming out to around $8,000 not including spending money.

You could just do Bavaria – drive around yourself and enjoy all the little towns – easily for under $10k. I spent a month in Europe last year (Spain & Italy) and it was around $15,000 total for the entire month. And I don’t stay in hostels 😉

I’ve done many 10-14 day trips to Europe without ever spending $10k.

My advice – skip Venice. Way overrated and I hardly know anybody that went and liked it. Here and there you’ll find someone, but its rare. Tuscany is AMAZING though and one of my favorite places EVER. Bavaria & Tuscany would be uber romantic, IMO.

Also, I would never do a cruise through Europe. You will hardly see anything! One I looked at gave you like 8 hours in Rome. You will see nothing in that amount of time! Its crazy and such a waste to me :-/ I’d rather go to one city and really see it than be rushed around like a crazy tourist and in the end only have experienced the big sights of 5 cities.

Post # 5
4634 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We’re doing 2 weeks in Morocco for our honeymoon, but based on what we plan on doing and where we plan on staying, it will probably cost more than that.

Last year we went to Australia for 2 weeks and spent about that. It was an awesome time, I’d recommend it. I would never spend that on a cruise, well I’d never go on a cruise, let alone spend 10k on one.

Post # 6
1951 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@LilRhodyGem:  Are you looking exclusively in Europe? A co-worker of mine did Budapest, Prague, and Vienna. She raved about it. I think all-in, it was around $5k. I don’t think they stayed at ridiculously expensive hotels, so I’m sure that figure could double quite easily. 

We’re going to St. Lucia for 7 nights and I think ours is about $12k. Yes, we splurged, and yes, it’s kind of hard, but this is a once in a lifetime thing for me (meaning our honeymoon) so I’m ok with it. 

Post # 7
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would pay 10K, but not for a cruise.

Post # 8
8720 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

We went to Dubai and the Maldives and it was AMAZING!!! Unfortunately, it was over

$10k for just a week. However, you could look into it and maybe find a less expensive resort option and get it done!

Post # 10
3635 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Two weeks most anywhere in Europe is doable for $10k.  You have to look for cheap accomodations, but they’re out there.  We rented an apartment in Milan that worked really well since we were staying for the whole weekend. 

I would love to spend that long in Tuscany and around Parma.  I actually like Venice, but my husband didn’t.  It’s expensive and touristy, but there’s no place like it.  Amsterdam has the canals, but it’s not the same.  I really loved Amsterdam, I might spend 2 weeks in Holland and Belgium – depending on time of year. 

Post # 11
3047 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@LilRhodyGem: I would skip the cruise. For our honeymoon we wanted time for ourselves and the ability to take the days as they came, an organized trip would have been so far from that! Also, it’s Europe – you can easily get from country to country on your own. Either by air as flight tickets are so cheap or by train or car. I’m a Star Alliance member, so we booked our rental car as well as many of the hotels through their site. That generated more points and we also got some nice discounts.

Post # 12
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I wish we had a honeymoon budget like that!  Would you consider the Galapagos?!?  That’s what I’d do.  Take a week long cruise in the Galapgos islands, then head to mainland Ecudor for a few days in the Amazon, mabye do some whitewater rafting!

Post # 14
10384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

New Zealand road trip!

Post # 15
1951 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@LilRhodyGem:  Absolutely! Travel agents can help you with any types of transportation/travel. Just find one who specializes in the areas you’re looking to visit. Plus, if you have a travel agent, they can be your advocate should (God forbid) anything go wrong. They typically have a lot more power/sway when it comes to fixing things. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors