(Closed) 10.10.10 Brides…when are YOUR invites going out?

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
21 posts
Newbee

Oh man…I haven’t really even thought about invites yet. BUT! I’m going to send mine in August, so I think there is more than enough time to get them done.

My save-the-dates that were supposed to go out last week? That’s another story entirely. *headdesk*

Post # 4
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - The Pearl S. Buck House

I’ll be sending mine mid-August I suppose. I’m not quite ready to order though! I’ve been all over the place trying to decide on them.

Post # 5
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Haven’t made our, or even know what it will look like, but they’ll probably go out in August!

Post # 6
131 posts
Blushing bee

I’m Oct 2, not Oct 10, but mine are going out about 7 weeks in advance. Most of our guests are out-of-towners, so I want to make sure they all book their hotels before the room blocks close on Sept 2. The time is going to FLY!

Post # 7
114 posts
Blushing bee

Since we decided agains Save the Dates and our wedding is not in our home towns we deceded that our inviets will be sent out by the end of May and the response date is July 17th.   That saved us the doube mailing and gives everyone time to book rooms.  Also our invites are really more like a save the date not traditional at all  they just say Bklynldy and computerjockey fell in love and will be married on October 10, 2010 in Nags Head North carolina    for details and to rsvp please visit our wedding website  weddingwire.com/bklynldyandcomputerjockey  

THe invites came in yesterday and i will do the addressing over the next 2 weekends,  We forgot to include the RSVP date mostly because its on the website and the website password (becsuse i was not going to use one)  so I just ordered busness cards with a similar design as our invites with that info on it to add to the envelope.

Most of our info (including RSVP) is on the website — we just wanted to direct people there.   Will post as soon as I get to a Scanner. 

Post # 8
60 posts
Worker bee

I’m October 2nd too, and we’re probably sending them out in early July with an RSVP deadline in early September.  We have a group of people who we are not inviting the first go around, but if we get enough no responses from the first batch we are going to invite them, so we want the RSVP deadline early enough to get that second batch of invites out.

Post # 9
338 posts
Helper bee

I was going to send mine out the last week of July with an RSVP date of September first. Its that too soon? it gives people about 5 weeks?

Post # 10
56 posts
Worker bee

I’m October 9th and I’m planning on sending the invites out in mid-July for a RSVP deadline of Sept 9th.  I know it seems early to give people two months, but the majority of my guests are coming from out of state and I want them to have time to arrange travel and lodging if they haven’t done so already.

Post # 11
50 posts
Worker bee

I already sent mine out and got a good chunk of rsvp’s back.. as well as some unofficial rsvps. My parents told my fiancee over the phone, that a bunch of family members that hadn’t responded with our rsvp cards yet were indeed coming.. including people that weren’t actually sent invitations.

Thats a bit annoying.

Post # 12
131 posts
Blushing bee

@Sheeoni – that IS annoying. We have an unofficial RSVP from my fiancees family. We invited only the two adult cousins (we never have met their grown children) and they’re briging their college-age daughter along. Uh, oh well. I guess others will say no, but it will balance out. And, I do feel honored that they’re flying from Texas just for our wedding!

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

Im getting Married 10/10/10 and I already ordered my invitations and am sending them out in August as well, with an RSVP date of Sept 9th!  cant believe how fast the time is going!!  Just about 4 more months left!!!

Post # 14
338 posts
Helper bee

Hehehehe…. 125 days to go ladies… 125 days 🙂

I received our invitations last week:) I am itching to send them out !!!!

Post # 15
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m October 9. Just ordered the invites and will be sending them out at the beginning of August with a RSVP of Sept. 10!

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think I am doing mine last week of August..with RSVP of September 30th.

Seems a little later than others, but I think that is a good amount of time 🙂

The topic ‘10.10.10 Brides…when are YOUR invites going out?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors