(Closed) 10/10/10 but when??

posted 8 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: what time should the ceremony start?
    2:00 : (2 votes)
    10 %
    3:00 : (15 votes)
    71 %
    4:00 : (4 votes)
    19 %
    5 or later : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

10am would be cute though….. but I see what you’re saying with the church thing.

Post # 4
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I voted for 3pm because then you can start the reception around 4ish and the party can commence without it getting too, too late. Sunday weddings have a different feel than a Saturday wedding because people have to work the next day.

My original wedding date was 10/10/10, but the next day is a holiday in Canada 🙂

Post # 5
    8 posts
    • Wedding: June 2010

i was thinking 10am as well, but yes, many will still be in church services at that time.

Post # 6
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

Is your wedding in a church? If it is wouldn’t people just go to ur wedding mass instead of regular church? Sorry, i’m not a devout church goer, but I would count ur wedding as church….(don’t mean to offend anyone, just wondering)

Post # 7
    635 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We’re having our 10/10/10 wedding at 12pm.  We are not religious, and I can’t think of a single person who will be attending our wedding who would have to miss church to come. 

Usually, for a Sunday, I’d say earlier is better, because people may want to get home to work, but most people will have the next day off.  So I’d say a bit early, around 3pm or 4pm.

Post # 9
    23 posts
    • Wedding: March 2014

I’m a “10/10/10 bride”, but the truth is that we haven’t actually settled on the date partly for this reason.  Our problem is that we want a formal wedding with dinner and dancing which is more suited for an evening wedding, but my family lives 4-5 hours away and we don’t want people to be driving home so late (some of our family members have jobs that require them to work on holidays, and either way we don’t want people to have to sacrifice two days of their lives for our wedding). Here are some things we’re still considering in picking a time:

1. Who is coming?  An adults-only, fancy-shmancy event is better for evenings, but family-friendly events work better earlier in the day (before the kids get all tired and cranky).

2. Where are they coming from?  Do you have a lot of out-of-town guests, and how will they likely be getting to your wedding?  If you have a lot of people driving home and your wedding is on a Sunday, you probably want it earlier in the day (and go light on the alcohol) so they can get home safely.  If everyone is in town, a later wedding (with an open bar) is probably fine.

3.  What mood are you going for?  Like I said, formal dinner-and-dancing events are better in the evening, while more casual events are during the day.

4.  Where is your ceremony/reception?  If you’re in an outdoor rose garden, you want to have your wedding during the day so you can get beautiful pictures.  If you’re going to be inside a church/ballroom/etc., then it doesn’t matter if it’s dark out.

5.  When do your guests go to church?  My family usually goes to either Saturday evening mass or early Sunday morning mass, so any of your choices would be fine. But I know plenty of people who go to noon masses, making a 2pm wedding a little tight.  You can’t accommodate everyone, but maybe check with your most religious guests when they go to church and if there is another mass they can go to if it conflicts with your preferred time.

Post # 10
    18645 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I think that 2 or 3 would be best since the reception won’t be able to go too late due to the fact that people have to work the next morning.

Post # 11
    53 posts
    Worker bee

We’re going for the late afternoon ceremony (20 min or so) and then having a carnival themed cocktail hour then a formal dinner. More on my blog!

Post # 12
    2532 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

10/10/10 was my original date but we just realized that because it was a Sunday it wasnt going to work. Not everyone has Colombus day off and the majority of our guests will be traveling no matter where we get married! So we decided to change it….oh but Im so jealous of that date!!!

Post # 13
    541 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

We got married on a Sunday. Ceremony started at 4pm and the reception went until 9:30. Although, some how this rumor got started during the reception that the whole thing ended at 9:00, so by 9:30 we only had about 25 people left. lol!

Post # 14
    552 posts
    Busy bee

I think we’re gonna end up doing 4:30 or 5 because the only time available at our reception place was 7pm!  So whatever…ah well. 

The topic ‘10/10/10 but when??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors