(Closed) 10/12/13 Brides – 6 Month Countdown!

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
  • poll: Are you feeling the jitters yet?
    Nope, still cool as a cucumber. : (12 votes)
    52 %
    Yes, this ish just got real. : (8 votes)
    35 %
    I was, but now I've made peace with it. : (0 votes)
    Girl, I've been stressed since day 1! : (3 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 3
    739 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@sablemuse:  It seems to vary by the day. Today it feels too far out to feel real. The other day, I was freaking out about how close its getting. My date is a week after yours, so we’re just about in the same boat. I have a lot of stuff done, and have finalized our invitation choice this week, so it was nice to check that off the list. It seems like now we’re getting into the little details, but I want to keep working on everything, and not leave anything to the last minute (if possible). 

I chose the option “this ish just got real” although it’s kinda been real for a while. I go back and forth with being freaked out and completely relaxed. 

Post # 5
    739 posts
    Busy bee

@sablemuse:  That was something I was terrified about, too. But somehow, FI and I sat down with my parents (his family is really small, so his side was really easy to deal with!) one random day and just did it. It took about an hour and we just made decisions. I broke the guest list down into sections: Immediate family, Aunts and Uncles, extended family, our friends, family friends, and then there was a column of people that were maybes. We just went down each column, person by person. 

Good luck with the guest list. Once you have that nailed down, things get much easier!

Post # 6
    911 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

@sablemuse:  Yeah, I got the emails from various wedding websites today, “6 MONTHS TO GO!” and I was all, “oh god, really?” It kind of snuck up on me.

I feel like I’m a good place, planning-wise, almost everything is done. Just waiting to get our invites in, and then assemble them and send them out. Oh, and I have to find a hair person. 

@starz88962:  Who is your Philly hair person? I need someone who will come to us.

Guest List has been secure since STD’s went out in Jan. This didn’t stop my father from trying to add more people last week, though. We are still in negotations about all that. Wink

My dress is hanging in my closet, awaiting alterations. 

I don’t know if I am dealing emotionally with the 6 month mark, but OCD/Type A planning wise, I think I’m pretty good. 

Maybe tomorrow I will freak out, who knows?

Post # 7
    739 posts
    Busy bee

@Reeniero:  I contacted a salon near my house after emailing virtually every hair person I could find on various wedding websites. Everyone seems to be booked already!! The salon is able to come to us, so that is great news! I’m working on setting up a trial and hopefully will book them (assuming the trial goes well!) as soon as possible. Good luck finding someone! There are plenty of salons that do it, you just have to do a lot of research. :/

Post # 8
    137 posts
    Blushing bee

I honestly cant even think about it until after exams…. my exams are in May. 

Post # 9
    36 posts
    Newbee

We’ve had a pretty long engagement…got engaged last Feb. 2012 so I’m ready to get married already! But it is exciting to start the official 6 month countdown…it is coming fast! 😉

Post # 10
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee

I feel excited but I must be honest, I feel behind. I know that I am not because like 

@scoatoam we have had a long engagement as well. I NEEEED to find hair and makeup people. We are sending out save the dates this week. I swear I may lose it if I do not get the addresses from everyone in time. I am much better at planning when I only have to rely on myself to get things done lol. I am trying my hardest not to be a bridezilla because it is SO unflattering. Kiss

Post # 11
    77 posts
    Worker bee

I’m a 10/13/13 bride!  I voted “cool as a cucumber,” because right now, I feel like I’m between projects, and taking a little down time.  I’d say we’re about where we should be with the planning processes.  Sent out save the dates a few weeks ago, working on getting flowers and hair/makeup pinned down now.

What’s funny is that I feel pretty calm about everything, but I’ve been having awful wedding nightmares lately!!!  Last night, I dreamt that I showed up at our venue, only to find that I had forgotten to get my hair done, I left my dress and shoes at home, and the ceremony was starting in 5 minutes!!  I guess my subconcious is feeling a little stressed… Smile

Post # 12
    285 posts
    Helper bee

@sablemuse:  I very om day to day. Some days I dont think about it much. Some I stress about details. And some we go to preparing for marriage class at church and it feels excited (but real!!). Then I make a beautiful date night dinner, fall in love all over again and am ready to repeat the roll coaster. lol

The topic ‘10/12/13 Brides – 6 Month Countdown!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors