10/17/14 – any date twins out there??

posted 2 years ago in October 2014
Post # 2
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

i’m 10/18/14 so close but not exactly the same day.

all vendors are booked and mostly paid in full, now its just decorations, addressing invites, stuff like that.

i’m excited for the day of but planning isn’t as fun anymore, sometimes i wish we would’ve eloped instead… lol

Post # 3
4581 posts
Honey bee

I’m also a 10.17.14 bride – yay! I have not seen many of them on this board yet, so this is exciting. 🙂 We’re having an outdoor ceremony (weather permitting). Although I am not a huge fan of Friday weddings, we’re having a small ceremony and big reception. So most people won’t have ot take time off of work to come. Also, it was the only date that worked where I knew nothing was really going on – unlike every weekend this Fall it seemed. Plus, it gives my FI 3 weeks to chill before hunting season starts. *lol*

I just got notified yesterday that I can pick up my dress today, but won’t be able to until sometime next week since the store is an hour away, and they’re closed this weekend due to the 4th. I’m excited to get it though.

I stare at my front and back filled piece of paper with everything that still needs to be done (mainly little stuff), and it freaks me out. I’m hoping to take some time this weekend to finish a few small things, like random signs for the reception hall, etc.

I am excited, but kind of want it done at this point, ha. I’m ordering my invitations by mid month, and nag my FI every day to get his parents list so that I can just hit “Order” when the time comes. I also need to decide on the cermeony time, as I keep freaking out that I won’t have the time I think I have between getting ready, pictures and the ceremony. I just don’t want to feel rushed.

Once that list has been finalized, I can get the cake ordered since I’ll know how many to order for. I also need to decide if I want to add more stuff to my bouquet (making it myself), or just leave it.

Post # 4
184 posts
Blushing bee

Kacie209:  I am with you, I want to be done at this point!

I am also getting married on 10/17 and can’t believe how soon it is! At this point I’m working on invites (they just came in the mail and I ordered an address stamp off etsy for the return address and response cards). I need to figure out limos and ceremony music (a pianist) ASAP. Then I’m going to tackle place cards (bought silver place cards from paper source and need to figure out if I’m hiring calligrapher or doing my own clear labels-thoughts?). Have my second dress fitting in 3 weeks

But yeah, I’m ready to be done with all of this chaos. My bank account can’t take anymore and my parents are paying for the majority!

Post # 5
82 posts
Worker bee

I’m getting married on 10/16, yes a Thursday and honestly choosing a weekday was the smartest thing I’ve done in terms of wedding planning.  Only the people we really want there who are truly important in our lives will be able to make it (bonus!).  We are paying for it entirely ourselves and literally everything is 30-50% cheaper when you pick a random weekday!  Wedding planning is exhausting no one told me how much work this would be and we still so much to do! We are in the homestretch though and almost on that tropical honeymoon ladies.

Post # 6
1662 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

MrsVtoBee:  What, that is totally a cool date! I don’t think I really count, but I got married on Oct 17 last year… So date twins… Sort of! Last year that was a Thursday, but we had a destination wedding with everybody there for the whole week so it didn’t matter.

This time last year I was wishing the time would hurry the heck up, trying to avoid tan lines and crossing my fingers that my replacement dress would be ready in time. (They made it in the wrong colour initially and had to redo it in a rush! It all worked out though.)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors