(Closed) 10/23 brides..invite send out?

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Oct 16 bride…sent ours out today.  Need RSVP’s back by Sept 1 for caterer.

Post # 4
185 posts
Blushing bee

Another Oct 16 bride, I’ll be sending mine out mind Aug to come back mid Sept. gives me a few weeks to track people down and still give numbers to the restaurant in time.

Post # 5
208 posts
Helper bee

October 24th here…. I’m aiming for August 20th, RSVPs due back September 20th.

Post # 6
169 posts
Blushing bee

Sent mine out today for an Oct 23 wedding.  We requested RSVPs back Sept 1 with the idea that we would have to track people down and our schedules are very busy so we wanted to leave enough time to make decisions. 

Post # 7
53 posts
Worker bee

I sent mine out last week. It seems early, but we did not send out save-the-dates. Plus, the majority of or guests are from out of town. We requested an RSVP date of a month before the wedding.

Post # 8
745 posts
Busy bee

I’m dropping mine in the mail this week.  I thought it might be too early but we have a small b-list.  better safe than sorry.

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee

10/30 here… I’m planning mid August with a RSVP of Oct. 1, 29 days out. That gives them about 5-6 weeks to get them in.

Post # 10
1129 posts
Bumble bee

Oh man… I haven’t even started working on mine!  They are 100% diy and seeing this thread I really need to get on it!

Post # 11
151 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a 10/22 bride..sent them out on 7/31 for a RSVP date of 9/1! This is early because I KNOW that I will be tracking some down! Good luck!

Post # 12
307 posts
Helper bee

We sent ours out about two weeks ago and asked for RSVPs by August 31 – the venue set up, decorating and catering changes drastically depending on how many we have (whether we can have a seated dinner or a buffet style), so everyone needs our numbers really early.  Plus, over half of the people we’ve invited are out of town, so we wanted to give lots of opportunity for travel arrangements and catching seat sales!

Post # 13
30 posts
Newbee

@christalynn11: thank God! i’m not the only one:) i am just sending out my STD’s (late much???). i wouldn’t have bothered, but i figured it would buy me time since i don’t have my invitations yet! i have our wedding website on the STD’s, so OOT’s can at least get the info they need.

Post # 14
655 posts
Busy bee

I think I’d like to get them out at the end of next week for 10/24… we did a RSVP date of Oct. 2– IS THAT TOO LATE??? Seems like a lot of you made them for at least a month/ month and half from your wedding date.

Post # 15
1129 posts
Bumble bee

@Habibah14: It really depends on when you have to give your caterer your final count or notify any other vendors.  I’m probably going to be doing the same RSVP date as you and we are getting married the night before you are.  🙂

I’m not too worried about them not going out yet – more that I have a feeling the net 5 days are going to be me doing all of these in a mad scramble!

Post # 16
1675 posts
Bumble bee

I was planning on August 10, but I’m only halfway through my fauxligraphy and leaving tomorrow for my bachelorette party (won’t be back until Sunday), so I think the deadline will get pushed to August 13.

Our RSVP deadline is Oct.1.

The topic ‘10/23 brides..invite send out?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors