11-1-14 … officially less than a year (& close to it for other Nov brides)

posted 3 years ago in November 2014
Post # 3
594 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Nazareth Hall

@realtreegal:  YAY date twin… I have a running countdown on my computer haha. I still feel like I have time but I also feel like it will fly by. Anywho:

Date: November 1t

What I’ve done: I have the venue for ceremony/reception, photographer, my dress, bridesmaids, and a finalized guest list. I obviously still have a lot to do but I am taking my time. My fiance has noticed the rise in level of excitment since I bought my dress and I am also on a diet as of Sunday for the dress haha.

We are having around 200 people for an elegant evening ceremony in a chapel and then a plated dinner reception afterwards. We are planning on having over 1,000 candles in our hall and there will be touches of gold sparkle where I can put it. The bridesmaids will be in me and FI’s favorite color, cobalt blue. Our ceremony begins at 6 and if I remeber from last weekend that is exactly around the time the sun sets. I also think that our wedding date is daylight savings so everyone gets an hour more of sleep or an hour more of party time depending on their personality LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post # 4
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@realtreegal:  Less a year to go for me! (As of yesterday!)

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Venue is booked!  And that also takes care of the day of coordinator, caterer, and pianist for the ceremony bc its included in the package!  We had an idea building session with a wedding planner last weekend- she gave me a budget and a timeline, and I’m waiting on a decor proposal.  I am interviewing photographers and getting price quotes- photographers seems to be like 3K!  I’ve gone dress shopping 3 times but no luck so far!

I LOVE our venue- lakeside gazebo ceremony, garden cocktail hour in front of a waterfall with lawn games, and reception in a ballroom with tons of chandeliers!  Apparently I have expensive taste 🙁  The wedding planner said the decor on my pinterest is lovely, but ALL of it would cost me $5K.  I’m thinking about doing some of the flowers myself to save money!  I’d love to spend under 25K but that’s tough in this area, plus the venue was a bit of a splurge!  Also day dreaming about honeymoons- we haven’t picked a location yet! 🙂   

Post # 5
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We are date twins! November 1st 2014 🙂 our planning is all going well, it is made a little more difficult due to our wedding being in a different state to where we live. Everything we wanted to have in our wedding is happening so far!! Finally we can say we are getting married this year!

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

Add me as a date twin!  🙂 

As for planning, I too have a lot on paper. However, there is little else. 🙂  I need to find a baker, DJ, find invites, and seal the deal with the caterer. I did buy a dress, but I need to find a veil, undergarments, and shoes before it arrives for fittings. 

As for the wedding, it’ll have between 150 to 200 guests (YIKES).  There will be an evening ceremony in a traditional Catholic church. The church needs no decoration, which is hopefully going to save me some money. 🙂 Then, it’s a mere 5 minute drive to a modern, urban venue with an old-school bar and huge chandalier. It’s a big contrast between the too spaces, but it actually represents me and the FI: traditional roots but a love for the city and modern. I also like that the church will give a really beautiful and spiritual vibe to the ceremony, whereas the stark urban space immediately signals a change to fun and relaxed. 

Post # 7
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - The Celebration Farm

November 1st!

We have our church, venue, photograhpher, and my dress. Four very important items! We can only have 300 people at our reception venue so we have to work on scaling our guest list back 🙁 We’re going to send out our Save the Date’s six months before the wedding and then send out 300 invites about four months prior. Anytime we get a a declined RSVP we’ll invite somebody from our “B” list on our guest list. We can’t really think of a better solution. We both have huge families and a lot of friends and we don’t want to leave people out. Our venue provides our chairs so we can’t sneak in any more than 300 lol.

I have prices gathered for our flowers. We’re going bridesmaid dress shopping in February. We know what we want the boys to wear but we haven’t found a source yet. We don’t want to do buy or do too many things too soon incase people shrink or grow or we change our mind about decor or something. I’m starting to feel like I no longer have so much time to decide on things anymore though since we’re 10 months away now. 

This is such a fun board 🙂

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee

I am also a November 1st bride!  Can’t believe we are almost 9 months out!! 

What I have done: Venue is booked, church is booked, honeymoon, wedding favors ordered, my dress and bridesmaids dresses are ordered!, florist booked, invitations made. 

Still needs to get done: Photographer, videographer, and DJ (pretty sure I will have these soon, just waiting for FH to meet with them), FH and groomsmen outfits, centerpieces. 

So much to do and not that much time left!  I hope everyone else is having an easy and fun time with their planning 🙂

Post # 9
49 posts
Newbee

I am also a Nov 1st bride.  I feel like there is so much to do and I don’t have a clue as to where to begin.  We have the ceremony location and photographer.  Reception venue is tentative.  I found the dress, but nothing else.  I am sure it will all come together with some magic.  Cue the rainbows and unicorns please.  :).  I have no idea if I am ahead of schedule or behind, but I am trying not to be to concerned about that.  Nor the fact that we are doing an outdoor ceremony at night in central Illinois. Hopefully this cold winter will provide a lovely Indian summer that late…

Post # 10
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - The Celebration Farm

So far the things we have done: venue, church, plates and silverware, floral deposit down, cupcake deposit down, my dress, hotels blocked, catering reserved, koozies (almost) ordered, a few bridesmaid gifts, photographer deposit is down, hair is booked, that’s about all I can think of right now.

Still need to do: Save the Dates (we’re still waiting on our engagement pictures), Invitations, bridesmaids’ dresses, the suits for the guys, more decorations, a DJ (eek!!), more gifts.

realtreegal:  Do you have an idea of the type of dress you want? I thought dress shopping was going to be one of the most fun activities but I really thought it was kind of stressful lol. Have you tried any on yet?

Post # 14
88 posts
Worker bee

Hi all!

I actually think I’m doing pretty well, save-the-dates are out, we have a venue, photographer, dress (which I’ve changed 3 times already… whoops) my ring, flowers, and we have a cake tasting this Friday.  

Still need to order J’s ring, get his clothes, finish writing ceremony, find speakers and mic for iPod reception, make song lists, find someone to run it/keep an eye on it, complete the centerpieces and all decorations, figure out underthings (tried some on at Macy’s tonight actually, and OMG squeezing into those things were making me sweaty which just made it harder to get them on!

I think we are doing pretty well.  I’m a teacher, so I’m working on stuff this summer, but trying to pace myself, otherwise I’ll be done in like, 3 days (I get on a kick and keep going!) 

Post # 15
1981 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi everyone!! Looks like a lot of you have your ducks in a row! I have a lot of work to do in the next 5 months!

What is done: Venue, catering, photography, rings, my dress, BM dresses, officiant, cake

What is not done: Flowers (lost our florist last week bc she got pregnant and decided she couldn’t do our wedding), attire for the guys, music, learn a first dance, save the dates, invitations/paper products, hotel blocks, rehearsal dinner, decor, favors and a lot of others things I am probably forgetting!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors