Post # 1
Ladies where are you all in planning? I’m finishing off pew bows and flowers tonight and trying to figure out when we should go for our marriage license! What’s left on your to-do list?
- Pew bows
- Marriage license
- Candy for each place setting
- Escort Cards
- Card Box
- Final Payments
- Order some small things to bring in “Disney”
That’s about it! Ahhhhhhh!
Post # 3
Oh jeez–there is too much to do and I am so burned out on this. I recently did the favors so that’s nice to have out of the way. Let’s see, I need to place the liquor order like now. Complete filling in the pieces of the ceremony we’re responsible for. Start drafting the programs (and then print and put them together). Get a permit to take our pictures down on the Mall. Get the marriage license as well. Do the ceremony/reception playlists. Find gifts for the parents. Nag Fiance to find gifts for his groomsmen and to make sure they’re all getting measured. Make sure Future Mother-In-Law sends out rehearsal dinner invites. Second dress fitting (that I’m actually excited for!). Those are the most immediate tasks.
However, I do have a bachelorette coming up next weekend to look forward to! YAY–I need the stress relief. I can’t believe how all of a sudden it’s almost here and coming faster by the day!
Post # 4
We’re patiently waiting for the response cards so we can do seating arrangements and placecards.
My second fitting is coming up, and other than that, we’re sorta there!
We’ll do our marriage license soon…then freakin’ party!!
Post # 5
@pinkandsparkly: I am obsessed with your kitten in a tutu picture! LOVE IT!
Post # 6
Oh I completely forgot about programs! I have to just fill in the music and print them out.. I also need to get my Fiance to buy his brothers gifts but that’s really not my responsibility so he’s on his own lol. My first fitting is this Saturday.. I’m changing my zipper back dress to a corset and I need my strap tightened other than that I’m good to go! My Bachelorette party is on the 8th! No clue what we’re doing but I heard it will be really relaxing and it’s an all day event :).
Post # 7
My bachelorette is on the 8th too 🙂 We’re going winery hopping. It couldn’t come at a better time, I need the break! I’m a little nervous for my fitting. I bought a POB sample dress and I am definitely not a sample size–there was lots to do. Thankfully I got it into the alterations queue before they announced they’re closing, so they are finishing it, but I am going to be edgy until I see how it’s going.
Post # 8
@HoyaLawya2010: I hope it goes well! I bought my dress November 13, 2010 and I sadly gained weight. I’ve decided to change my zipper back dress to a corset for this reason. My weight goes up and down and I don’t want to chance getting it taken out and then I need it taken back in! lol
Post # 9
I still need to do
-Alter dress (got fatter instead of thinner, sigh) Must diet.
-Confirm menu, print menus
-Organize family members into roles.
-Organize my heirloom phototree
– Try not to kill everyone.
I’m getting a little stressed :s
Post # 10
- wait for RSVPs
- Finalize Menu
- order some finishing touches decoration wise
- get my hair did (highlights/trial run)
- wait for everyone to show up!
I’m super lax, and am trying to enjoy the process as much as possible!
Post # 11
@fuzzypeaches: LOL at “try not to kill everyone”–I feel your pain there girl!
I have just given up on some projects that I don’t have the energy to do anymore. We scrapped our slideshow because it wasn’t fun to put together anymore, just another hassle to deal with. Anything that’s not absolutely necessary=fallen by the wayside. I would rather go to yoga in the evenings to de-stress than do these other projects!
Post # 13
@pinkandsparkly: haha thanks, its my alter ego.
My mom is in charge of our programs because she was driving me insane about them. I told her she’s not allowed to talk to me about them anymore, because I don’t care if we have them or not.
Fiance is going to his bachelor party in Vegas this weekend…So hopefully he’ll come back. 😉
Post # 14
It’s late and my mind can’t stop wondering, so here is my list, in detail, lol!
- Get marriage license!
- Escort cards (cut and write them out)
- Print out the background I’m using for the escort card holder, set in frame
- Print out the bar menu and frame it
- Print out the cardstock banner’s I made that go on the doors to our cocktail space
- Attempt to spray paint our table number holders
- Tie strings onto the luggage tag favors
- Assemble bridesmaids bags and figure out when I’m going to hand them out
- Figure out if my DIYing our wall of curly willow or if the florist will do it
- After RSVPs are back, I need to make a seating chart for the venue
- Pick up the kids’s favors – 1/2 pound gummy bears!
- Final meeting and payment to photographer
- 2nd/Final dress fitting on the 15th
- Hair and waxing appointment one week before wedding
- Order thank you cards, and I need to start thinking about wedding announcements, even though that can wait until after the wedding.
Last but not least, figure out our ceremony and vows! But I’m sure that I’ve forgotten something!
Post # 15
@HoyaLawya2010: I just realized that I copied my own name in my response…because I have bride brain.
Post # 16
I went for my first alterations yesterday!! They went GREAT! 😀