11 cm high heels – can one get used to it

posted 2 years ago in Accessories
Post # 2
122 posts
Blushing bee

11 cm. That’s about 4 inches, correct? Are you not used to wearing high heels? 

My wedding heels are 4.5 and I’ve been breaking mine in as well. Mine are a little narrow so I’ve been wearing them around the house with socks to make them a little wider. 

I’ve never gotten sore ankles, but I wear heels a lot and could have built up that strength over the years (I even have 6 inch heels). 

My advice would just be to wear heels as often as possible. You need to get used to the height, feel, and build ankle strength. Good luck!

Post # 3
3349 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Those look pretty uncomfy, I wish you luck breaking them in!

Post # 4
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i wear 4″ heels without getting sore ankles. Although I do wear heels, I don’t wear them on a daily basis. do ALL heels hurt your ankles or just these? 

Post # 5
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

MatrixDonna:  I get the same thing wearing heels. I end up just limiting myself to kitten heels. Maybe if you just strengthen your ankles over time, they will fare better on the day. 

Post # 6
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

MatrixDonna:  I wear very high heels quite frequently (im short so for me it’s all or nothing lol) I don’t recall really having issues with sore ankles but in general you get used to it over time (I actually got to a stage where my feet got so used to heels that wearing flats hurt more! That worried me so I banned heels for a while haha)

I would suggest wearing heels as often as possible (not necessarily those ones, just any) and you’ll eventually find you can last longer and longer before your feet/ankles ache!

Post # 7
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

I don’t think it’s the height of the heel that is causing you problems, it is potentially the pitch of the sole.

This is a good test for anyone buying high heels to see if the pitch is too high. Put the shoe on and stand up (with shoes with straps don’t do up the strap) and in a standing position lift yourself to your tip toes, lifting your heel out of the shoe as you stand up on your toes.

If you’re unable to lift yourself out of the shoe on to your tip toes, the pitch of the sole is too high for you and it’s unlikely that you will ever be able to comfortably walk in them.

Post # 8
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

MatrixDonna:  I would agree with a_day_at_the_fair:  From the photo they look like quite a steep heel. My heels are 4.75 inches for my wedding day but they have a platform at the front so the angle is more like that from 3 inch heels.

You could look into exercises to strengthen your ankles and increase your instep. Dancers need to do this before they can dance en pointe. Increases instep will allow you to wear higher heels comfortably and increasing ankle strength will help with aching ankles but with all exercises you would need to do them regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aFBSRvLIV0 has some good one like what our dance teacher used to make us do.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors