11 days to go until the big day! what did you forget?!

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MrsFitness:  Aww! Okay, so this is going to sound super cheesy, but I totally forgot to just relax and remember to tell DH/FI that I loved him. 😛  I was too busy stressing out over the details! So I think all I’m trying to say is, remember to enjoy this time as much as you can! 🙂

Post # 4
2962 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Do you have the BP gifts ready? I didn’t get to pass them out at the rehearsal dinner and the girls ended up forgetting their wedding hangers on the day of the wedding 🙁

We forgot the cake knife!

We left one of the flower girls pair of shoes so she had to end up wearing wedges!

Making a timeline to pass out to everyone would have been more helpful. We got behind because of makeup and ended up missing out on most of the formal portraits and my bridal portraits 🙁

Backup plan for bridal party getting home! You DO NOT want to end up spending your wedding night taking your bridal party home… trust me!

Make sure you have a safe place to put your purse and belongings (veil and bouquet). Money was stolen out of my purse on my wedding night! It was in the bridal suite. Also some of our gift cards were stolen and so was my veil… DK what happened to my bouquet either 🙁

Post # 5
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I fogot to pack my spanx!  I had DH grab them before he headed to the venue. 

I also forgot vases for the bouquets.  Check with your florist to see if they provide vases and if not, have a few handy so your bouquets can sit in water the morning of the wedding.

Also, get a travel steamer!  They have a great one on HSN.  The train of my dress got so wrinkled between picking it up from the seamstress and the wedding day.  The travel steamer was a last minute online order but I was so glad I had it!

Post # 6
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

If you have a day-of-coordinator and dj, double check your instructions for them and make sure everything they need to know is in there. Make sure there’s not only the cake knife (as someone suggested), but also a plate and fork on the cake table ready to go. We cut the cake, then realized, “Hey! I have nothing to put it on or eat it with!”.

Post # 7
1847 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsFitness:  I’m with PP about forgetting the hangers – I didn’t have any special hangers made, but my mom had told me she had a nice wooden hanger to hang my dress on for pictures – well, we all forgot about it and had to just find the “nicest” plastic hanger for the pictures… Not the end of the world, but it was frustrating to have forgotten! 

Post # 8
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I forgot to order the cake :/

Post # 9
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I forgot the pins for everyone to wear at the rehearsal supper, and I forgot to bring all the favors for those who helped out.

I also forgot panties–and my MOh had to drive me to Walmart at midnight so I could buy some. I come to find out, they were great for the wedding day, but I still had none for the wedding night. Not that it was a big deal because, well, you know, but still lol.

Post # 11
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsFitness:  Very excited for you!

I didn’t forget anything… just my frikin’ marriage license. Remembered two days before. Geeze. 

Good luck! Deep breaths! Enjoy yourself! 😀

Post # 12
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m not married yet by I have nightmares about this weekly! Last night it was that I forgot to make appointments to get my hair and makeup done (which is bad because I am a total idiot when it comes to both). Last week it was that I forgot to send the invitations out AND forgot to hire a DJ! I’m a little less than 11 months away, so I don’t even want to know how bad these nightmares are going to get closer to the day.

Post # 13
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MrsFitness:  The day turned out just fine but a few things I forgot were switching the hanger (so I have the nice plastic one in the getting ready pics lol),

I forgot to tell my parents to go to the grooms room at the church to get their bout’s so my mom, dad and stepdad didnt have their flowers for the ceremony…I noticed halfway through when I looked back,

I forgot a pen for the pictureframe guest signing which was fine because pens arnt hard to find….BUT the person at the table got this light blue pen from her purse (her kids), so the colour is just… not my fav…I wanted it to be sleek black and white oh well.

I forgot to paint my nails…. I was supposed to get a mani the day bfr but we got busy, and after the rehearsal we got busy making programs cause we had some technical difficulties with glue lol

I forgot to take some souvies from the reception (some flowers from the centerpieces and one of the custom beautiful menus they made for us)

I forgot to tell the photog I wanted individuals of me and each BM… I thought it was no brainer…. and we got everything else and more (890 pics) there are some of the candids close to being individual but a have more then the one person in it.

Post # 14
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@MrsFitness:  Have you already talked to your photographer about “must have” shots or made up a list? The day of the wedding was so hectic that I totally forgot to mention these to our photog and I hadn’t made a list, so there are quite a few photos I was hoping to have that we never got to take… Just a suggestion! 

Best of luck, these next few days are going to FLY by!!! 🙂

Post # 15
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@lindseyl06:  oh my gosh thats horrible. I was worried about that myself but my venue coordinator told me ahead of time they have saftey deposit boxes at the front desk so basically once cokatil hour was over and everyone was being ushered into the reception room (at a hotel) I had the box taken out to the front desk and we counted out the cards….my MOH signed for it and gave her ID (I didnt have anything obviously lol)…she was the only person who could get in…not even me… so the next day we went and picked it up and they counted it out…. it was great. We only got like 5 physicaly gifts, it was all cards…but we put the gifts up in our room and covered them with our stuff in case anyone was in there.

Note to any brides….ASK your venue (if a hotel) they have saftey deposit boxes

Post # 16
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I forgot about lunch while we were getting ready. Thank goodness for Jimmy John’s freaky fast delivery.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors