9 months and the Paloma Blanca dress still has not arrived :(

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7219 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

I would want some kind of evidence that it is ordered and being manufactured, with a definite arrival date at this point. 

Post # 4
6274 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

speak to a manager or the owner and find out if they can tell you an exact ship date.

does your contract state when they expected the dress to arrive.

will they promise you rushed alterations at no extra cost if they dress doesn’t arrive by X date.

Post # 5
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Is it paid in full?  What are their policies? I agree with ajillity81 find out about rush alterations, speak to the manager. As a matter of fact don’t call, go to the store you can ready body language. They can’t keep you on hold etc….  You have like 3 weeks left. Do not be passive. Be assertive with them. You really don’t need something like this to ruin your experience so close to the date.

Post # 8
201 posts
Helper bee

@chx_101:  Ok, I was already stressing for you! Sorry about the date change/family complication but at least it’s bought you some time. Go to the store. Let us know how it goes.

Post # 9
57 posts
Worker bee

I’m hoping things will work out for you and your original dress. Just an FYI if you need to resort to a last minute dress, I ordered a dress from bhldn and it arrived to Canada in about a week. It was made in the States so I did not have to pay duty. I know the styles may be quite different from what you had in mind, but just incase you do find yourself in a pinch it is an option. Mine is crepe de chine and I was pleased with the quality for an off the rack dress.

Post # 12
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@chx_101:  i would contact the designer/manufacturer directly to find out if the dress has indeed been ordered and when.   also, check with them as to how long it normally takes for your style of dress.

yes, sometimes the designers can be behind but sometimes when it takes this long, the salons are not current on their accounts with certain suppliers and are using brides’ deposits to pay their bills but not directly to the dress manufacturers for your dress.  sometimes suppliers will hault all deliveries to a salon until they get caught up.

i hope this isn’t the case and that’s why i would call the supplier directly.

Post # 13
1087 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Try Actionliquidators Bridal, if you need a backup. My friend got a gorgeous off the rack dress for her wedding which was only worn in a fashion show for the Bridal Expo, and it was a fraction of the original cost.

Good Luck. Hope your real dress arrives in time!

Post # 15
604 posts
Busy bee

Sorry about what you are going through. Where did you order from? I live in Vancouver and wouldn’t mind avoiding them 😛

Post # 16
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@chx_101:  Hey! Did you go to Isabelle’s Bridal? That’s where I went, and I got my dress in faster than what the estimate they gave me. However, my dress is Alfred Angelo and not Paloma Blanca. I’m sure she is more popular. I would still stress out if I were you, but if you went to Isabelle’s I think they can be relied upon to tell you the truth.

As for places to get a wedding dress in a pinch, have you heard about Action Liquidation? They are in Vancouver, right across from the TnT (sorry, I’m good at landmarks). They sell sample dresses, and they seem to have a deal with Alfred Angelo. I’ve seen some of his blue disney dresses there 🙂

Good luck!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors