(Closed) 1/10 ct.promise ring as an e-ring

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

my only suggestion is what i did – wear the band on a different hand and move the e-ring over to the right hand when you get married. i don’t have a stright band either for my e-ring and the diamond is pretty small (1/4 carat), so i found that no matter which wedding band i found to go with it, it just “took away” from the diamond in the e-ring. i like each of my rings better separate than together.

Post # 4
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think that it’s very pretty! : ) For a band, does it go nicely with a plain band? Perhaps if you were to get a custom-fitted plain white gold band, it wouldn’t cost too much because there’d be no diamonds?

Also, if you’re into sentimentality & your grandparents have old gold lying around that they want to give to you, you can take it in to be melted down and made into a band, and the jewler can add the agents to make it white gold!

You could also buy a set of “stackable” plain bands. These are usually thinner, and you could wear either one on either side, or just one.

Post # 5
73 posts
Worker bee

I like how dainty your ring is! And you definitely should be able to find something that will work with it. Actually, check out the thread I started earlier today called “Why do I feel bad that the ring I like is so cheap”. The band I am wearing with the ring in that photo is very thin and delicate, plus it has a contoured shape that could possibly work with your ring. If the shape didn’t work then there’s always very thin straight diamond bands that are pretty inexpensive. If I recall right, Helzberg Diamonds has some nice ones so you might check there if they have any stores in your area.

The topic ‘1/10 ct.promise ring as an e-ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors