(Closed) 11/12/11 Lacking Creativity :(

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi date twin! 

I hear you about the cake – I dislike cake too – especially all the icing (which is the key to every wedding cake, correct?).  I am thinking of having a dessert bar with cookies & brownies.  I might just purchase a small 2-tier cake so we have something to cut and then have other desserts available for guests.  I like the idea of variety.

I’m also in the same boat regarding the bridesmaids dresses –  I want a navy color but can’t seem to find just the right designer who carries my dream color.  It can be very frustrating.  We’ve been Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping 3 times already with no luck. 

On the bright side, it sounds like you really have a lot of other things accomplished so that must feel good.  I still need to book a florist.  I love flowers but have NO idea what type of floral arrangements I am looking for.  Everyone wants to know what type of flowers I want and I am just clueless.  What are you doing for your flowers?   Maybe we can kick ideas back and forth to help each other out.  🙂

Post # 4
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi Date Twin,

I have the same vendors as you booked. I went bridesmaid dress shopping with just my Maid/Matron of Honor and we made the decesion together. We found two styles for the girls to choose from. It was a fun and unstressful shopping trip. I specifically went with only the two of us, because I knew having five opinions was too many. I like you wasn’t to picky about the bridesmaid dresses. I just cared about a color, which I didn’t even get the color I originally wanted. As far as the cake goes, I have a cake tasting scheduled for this month and next month. I have a design in mind. I just finished my save the dates. I am now working on a play list for the dj, choosing our ceremony music, and starting to type up information for the programs. Other projects I hope to complete the card box and to begin ordering supplies for Out of Town bags and for the bridesmaid bouquets and the groomsmen bouts. These are all projects I am DIYing. Hope this helps.

The topic ‘11/12/11 Lacking Creativity :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors