(Closed) 1.1.2011 Brides: When are you sending out your invitations??

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

My wedding will be a few weeks after yours and I think we are going to try and get them out before Thanksgiving.

Post # 4
151 posts
Blushing bee

Our wedding is Jan 15, 2011 and I’m trying to get them out by the first of September, if not earlier. We’ll be asking for a rsvp date of Nov 1.

Post # 5
5389 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hi date twin! I plan on sending them out by the end of Oct. with a Dec. 1 RSVP deadline.

Post # 6
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Hum…I guess I should be getting mine out earlier then.

Post # 7
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’m a Feb 19th bride, and I’m planning to send mine out mid-November.

Post # 8
664 posts
Busy bee

I’m a January 8, 2011 bride and I plan on sending mine out November 1st!

Post # 10
708 posts
Busy bee

Ours are going out at the end of October with the RSVP date of November 22nd. We didn’t want to have our RSVPs get lost with the holiday mail. So excited!

Post # 11
5389 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I spoke to the lady that will be making my wedding invitations and she told me that invites should be sent 6 to 8 weeks in advance. Eight weeks out is Nov. 8 which is around the time that I plan on being done mailing my invites. The RSVP deadline may either be the end of Nov. or Dec. 1 (waiting to hear back from the caterer). I have sent out save the dates so I am sure that my guests already knows when the wedding is and 8 weeks is plenty of notice for them.

Post # 12
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

We are sending ours out by 10/15.  If they aren’t out by then I may throw up.  lol.  FI’s cousin is doing them and I asked her to have them completed  by 10/1.  I think the RSVP date will be 12/1.

Post # 13
618 posts
Busy bee

Our wedding is January 29. We are sending our invites out right after Thanksgiving, with an RSVP of January 7. Most of our people will be coming, so we won’t really have an issue of numbers. I wanted to send them out earlier, but I worry about people forgetting. This is just perfect for the 6-8 weeks recommended by everyone and I can address them over Thanksgiving.

Post # 14
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

The invitations for my daughter’s wedding (Jan 1) went out Oct. 15th.  The RSVP date is Dec. 1st.  Creates a lot of buzz when they go out and people have them in hand.  A lot of fun.  The reasoning for sending them out a little early is that after Halloween, people are going to shift into holiday gear with Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas, etc… and the invitation could get lost among all the rest of the party and greeting cards.

The topic ‘1.1.2011 Brides: When are you sending out your invitations??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors