11/22/14 wedding. When to send invites?

posted 2 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 2
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We sent out STDs 9 months before and invitations 3 months before. So no, I don’t think it’s too early! I’d err on the side of caution anyhow since your date is near the holiday and some peoe start making plans early!

Post # 4
2704 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

kowen328:  I would send them now.

We’re getting married in January, I’m sending them late Spetember/early October, basically because of X-mas, gives people lots of time to make arrangements for my wedding not around the holidays.

Sending late August for a November wedding is good. So exciting! 🙂

Post # 5
1072 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We sent our invites out six months in advance, although admittedly there was travel involved. I would look at it this way – if someone ‘forgets’ your wedding because you send the invites a month earlier, you probably didn’t really want them at your wedding anyway. 😛

Post # 7
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Hi date twin! We sent out STDs already, so we probably won’t send ours out for a few more weeks. 

Post # 8
2620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

now because the holidays.. if it were a month where holidays arent as important as thanksgiving/christmas i would hold off….

Post # 10
722 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

kowen328:  The response rate was pretty good! We got a bunch of RSVPs right in the beginning, then they trickled in over the next 2 months. Our official due date was yesterday and I haven’t checked the mail yet, but we were hovering around 90% returned last time I checked. 🙂

Post # 11
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

kowen328:  I guess I would consider how many people will be travelling for your wedding. We only have a handful of people who will have to drive more than an hour to attend, so even with it being a holiday I feel ok with waiting. If yours are all ready to go then I might just go ahead and send them off. 

Post # 13
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - 11/15/14-Vineyard

kowen328:  I would say now, especially since its around the holiday before people make plans. 

We are 11/15/14 and we just sent ours this week (3 month mark) as we have about 50% of the guests needing travel arrangements. 

Post # 15
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Traditionally, invites are supposed to be sent 6-10 weeks before the wedding unless the majority of guests are travelling.  In that case, it’s 12-14 weeks ahead.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors