114 days to go and feel like ive done NOTHING!!!! kinda long

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
657 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@langloiswedding2013:  Don’t panic! We’re date twins and my list of things I’ve done is about as long as yours, I also live about 3 hrs from my venue and 2 hrs from my family. I only have 1 bridesmaid (FSIL) and we haven’t even ordered her dress yet! In fact, I only ordered mine about a month ago! This is what I have done so far:

Photographer

Dress

Shoes

Cake

Venue (s)

DJ

Registry

Officiant

Food

Save the Dates (printed, not sent, we’re still working on the guest list)

Guestbook

aaaannd that’s it! I’ve got a few DIY projects I’m prepping for but once August hits I’m a full time grad student, teaching one class and working part time. I understand about the pressure but it’ll be ok!

Post # 5
463 posts
Helper bee

OMG I’m a week after you, and I’ve done about as much.  I can totally relate.  This week it really hit me – am I underwater??  I feel so screwed.

There’s a guest list…somewhere…but no one will share with me (my mom did our family list, he did his friends and family)…no invitations or anything paper like that yet…no cake, and the baker won’t answer email…FI’s still deciding on a third groomsman so no groomsmen suits…I have florist appointments but it’s next week and the week after, which puts me over two months behind schedule on that…bluuuurgh.

Post # 6
83 posts
Worker bee

@langloiswedding2013:  

Im the week after so thanks for the Day count down! 128 days seems longer than 4 months to me phew!

I understand how you feel, I have a 2 yr old and a 4 year old, NO family as we relocated to another country 3 yrs ago, and even tho we are paying for everything ourselves, have a very emotional mother who reminds me how hard it is to not be involved in everything,

Ive got a lot done I feel, but as the RSVP’s roll in Im stressing/ feeling emotional about the finer details, and hate not having people around to bounce my ideas/worries off ya know. which is also a bit silly as the reason I chose not to have the wedding in my home country is I didnt want to relinquish to much control to others…haha so really I created my own stress! but think I would have been much more stressed the other way round! 

Have you got any friends close by that could have your child for a couple of hours so you can get some stuff done, and in return maybe you could watch their child on another day? I have this arrangement with a friend of mine, it certainly makes it easier.  Uninterrupted DIY time is hard to come accross with a Toddler in tow!

Post # 8
83 posts
Worker bee

@langloiswedding2013:  

we moved for FI’s work too. BUt absolutely love living here, and are making it our home, I forced my self in the first year to get out and meet people – mainly other mums through playgroup, music group, ballet and as a result have made some great friends, almost like having family around but not quite!  It must be hard not having many friends close by, IS your sister the type of person that would say NO if she didnt want to?

Post # 10
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hun you will be fine!! I got engaged in December, ended up in the hospital in January and again in March and did nothing for my wedding during that entire time. The big day is in 2 weeks and Im still working on stuff but I pulled it off 🙂 I also did a LOAD of DIY stuff on my own with no help and a hyper 5 year old driving me nuts

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors