12.13.14 Bride and need some advice

posted 2 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
42135 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

1.How do I send an email to all my 125 guests askign for cash adn gift cards only. 

A  You don’t. It would be incredibly rude. If you don’t want physical gifts, don’t register. People will get the idea. If anyone asks you can say “We have our household pretty well set up. We are saving for _____” 

2. What things and how do I say NO KIDS under 10 are welcome

A  Address the invitations to those who ARE invited. You can add “Adult reception to follow” at the bottom of the invitation. If people add their children on the rsvp card, you will have to contact them. “There must have been a misunderstanding. We are not able to accomodate extra guests. If that means you will be unable to attend, we will miss you at the wedding.” An exception is usually made for nursing babies.

Post # 3
12 posts

I’m in the same situation as 1) – tiny apartment and no need for more stuff.  We’re going the no registry route, and asking his parents to spread the word to his side of the family if any ask.  Mine is Chinese and used to handing over cash.

“No kids allowed” is always a tough one, especially if there are people you really want there but come with kids.

Best of luck!

Post # 4
5815 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

BuddaflyKia:  Never ever tell your guests what you want–very rude. You can register at Bed Bath and Beyond. They will give you cash back (at least they did when we returned gifts  a few years ago). Also register for expensive stuff. That may cause people to go the cash route. But if you dont register, dont be surprised if you get random towels (that totally arent your color or style) or other items that people feel the need to give you.

Another thing you can do is let a few close people like family and bridal party know that you would prefer cash. So when people ask where you are registerd they can say, “they have everything they need for their household. But they are saving for a Honeymoon in X or Y and would love cash to help them plan their dream trip.”

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors