(Closed) 12 bridal & 8 grooms guests. Will this work?

posted 4 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
7878 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Notcool:  Sure, why not? It’s not like it’s 19 to 1. The sides are fairly even.

The only wedding I’ve been to of that size had slightly uneven sides: groom had 10 relatives, bride had 6 relatives, for the simple reason that the groom had married before and had 3 adults kids who all had with partners.

So slightly uneven sides, but with with an intimate wedding that size it didn’t matter, because everyone knew someone, and everyone got time talking to the couple.

Post # 4
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My FI is from Denmark and our intimate wedding will be taking place in the States. Due to travel expenses and the like only his parents and one of his brothers will be able to attend. On the other hand I will have my mother, stepfather, father, sister and brother-in-law, and my brother and his SO and possibly my grandparents on my father’s side. Very uneven but with such an intimate setting neither of us are concerned about this because it gives everyone an opportunity to mingle and meet one another. I have avoided inviting my close friends because I didn’t see that as fair since none of his friends would be able to come. Instead we will just meet them for drinks after the ceremony and dinner. 

Post # 5
24025 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Notcool:  Sure, that will work just fine! 🙂  Also, if you’re really concerned, you don’t have to go with the traditional “sides”, but 8 and 12 sounds like a perfectly fine number!  Happy planning!

Post # 7
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

A lot more of my fiance’s side will be coming compared to my side. In my family, us cousins and aunst and uncles are not that close to eachother and are probably not willing to travel the contry (because we live far from them) to come to eachother’s weddings. But my fiance’s family will come to eachother’s events whatever it is, even if they have to travel. His family is a lot more family oriented than mine.

But it’s funny because I myself am more family oriented than my fiance himself. He wouldn’t go out of his way to attend a family function, but I would. lol

Post # 8
4528 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

My FH will have way more family than I will. Like, twice as much. We are not doing a groom’s side and bride’s side though. People are there to celebrate us being united as one family, and they can sit with whoever.

Post # 9
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

we aren’t having a small wedding but our guest list is like 110p for my fsmily and only like 30 for his! (and then about 40 friend…with about 15 being my college ppl, 8 his friends and 16 mutual)

you cant really control family size…if he was only childWould you not invite your siblings just so it would be even?  

The topic ‘12 bridal & 8 grooms guests. Will this work?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors