1/2 carat 5 stone eternity rings

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
5483 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@charcoalheart:  Hm, I have a five stone wedding band, but the stones are a little bigger than that – about .2 or .25 each. Here it is for reference!

Post # 4
932 posts
Busy bee

@wrkbrk:  A couple of things.. Congrats October Bride, I too was an October bride and married the week before.  Second, I absolutely love your band.  And Lastly, I can always spot a LV Damier Azure bag.. it’s one my favorte bags… LOL I admit it I am a purse addict.

Post # 6
5483 posts
Bee Keeper

@creeative1:  Now that’s a good eye! 🙂 Thank you for the congratulations!! Same to you! And lol I’m also in stl!

Post # 7
5483 posts
Bee Keeper

@charcoalheart:  thank you! You should consider it! The ones you posted are pretty!

Post # 8
4494 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

this isn’t a 5 stone, but the stones are .10 equivalent each, and bezel set like the first ring you posted.

Post # 9
8282 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have a 5 stone… I forget the carat size though. I can look it up tomorrow if you want. The paperwork is in my dresser & my lazy butt is already laying in bed lol. 

Post # 10
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hi @charcoalheart:  An Eternity or Half-Eternity Ring gives someone looking at it the impression that the stones continue right round the shank

I have a Half-Eternity Band, and it is a Half Carat with 10 Stones (each approx 0.055 carats).

If you are looking at doing a Half-Eternity Band with 5 Stones you’ll probably find that it won’t work exactly as you envision because the size of the stones doesn’t automatically translate… ie 10 x 0.5 Carats to fill the space doesn’t equal out to 5 x 0.10 Carats

(So a 0.10 Carat Diamond isn’t 2x as big as a 0.5 Carat one… a 0.10 Carat Diamond is 3 mm and a 0.05 Carat Diamond is 2.5 mm = http://www.ajediam.com/Sizes-of-Diamonds.html )

More realistically you need somewhere around 7 or 8 Stones to make it a Half-Eternity like this:

As a Half Carat Eternity must weigh between 0.45 and 0.58 CTW… when they use 7 Stones, it most likely comes in at 0.49 or 0.56 (by utilizing either 0.07 or 0.08 stones) 

With just 5 Stones at 0.10 Carats, you are going to essentially end up with what is known as a 5 Stone Ring… like this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=5+stone+ring&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4ADRA_enCA470CA470&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7tjdUtTCMeWe2wXuh4HACg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=589

Nothing wrong with that, but it won’t necessarily present like a Half-Eternity / Eternity Band unless you have really small fingers.

Hope this helps,

Post # 12
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@charcoalheart:  i love the sapphire and diamond semi bezel.  i have a full eternity semi bezel set band.  i love it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors