1/2 ct. center stone eternity band…being told it’s “too small”? Show me yours.

posted 6 days ago in Rings
Post # 31
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

Neensie28 :  Really rude comment from her.  I think it’s gorgeous, shake it off.  I’m always quality over quantity.

Post # 33
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

What a horrible thing to say about someone’s engagement ring. My own engagement is quite a bit larger but I would never in a million years call someone’s engagement ring (or any piece of jewellery) ‘too small’!

The most important thing is that you love it and it is absolutely a gorgeous ring! You can’t please everyone.

Post # 34
12 posts
Newbee

I think your ring is beautiful! But really, it’s all in the eye of the beholder. My mom also thinks my ring is too small. And it did hurt me when she told me (but she is like that, generally very critical). I think it’s very pretty. But you have to love it, that’s all that matters. Sometimes I see some huge rings here and think that is not my taste, but it doesn’t matter- because they love it. So it’s all about what you love. 

Here is my half carat:

IMG_5307

Post # 35
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 1999

Neensie28 :  there is no such thing as a diamond that is too small. Congrats on your engagement and enjoy your beautiful ring!

Post # 36
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 1999

sweatergal007 :  love that yellow gold! Your diamond is so extra pretty in the middle of the split shank, gorgeous

Post # 37
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Your ring is beautiful! I don’t know why people are so obsessed with size. It’s pretty, sparkly, and from the person you love! 

Post # 39
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Pfft that was quite rude of her to say. Besides the size of the diamond has no bearing on your relationship with your FI either. Your ring is gorgeous and don’t let anyone make you think otherwise. Here is my 0.6 carat simple solitaire. I’m going into the field of medicine, so a big old rock on my finger is just not practical! 

Post # 40
2346 posts
Buzzing bee

I would have said “too small? No, it fits just fine”.  

Post # 43
31 posts
Newbee

I love so many of the rings in this thread!! My center stone is .6 carats, so a hair bigger than a half, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ve had it for over a year and still tell my husband every day how much I love it.  Does it get attention the way a newly engaged coworker’s 2 carat ring does? Nope. Does it bother me? NOPE!  

MY PRECIOUS:

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors