(Closed) 12 days to go..and I want to call the whole off because of a belt!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Kind of strange and stubborn that she is bluntly refusing to take off a piece of accessory you hate and it’s your wedding and photos.  I am all for picking your battles and if the bride doesn’t want the belt that is on the dress in her wedding then by all means I won’t wear the belt. 

You should tell her you know it seems menial to her but it’s our wedding and your photos you really hate it and do not want it in either of them the other Maid/Matron of Honor has kindly agreed and to be honest is not a questions so please appease me and not wear something I hate to and don’t want in my wedding.  

Post # 4
1938 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am sorry that you are having this problem. I don’t want to come off as “patronizing” or anything but I think you just need to take some time to relax and reflect about the bigger picture. You and your Fiance are committing to spend the rest of your lives together, is a belt really something to get worked over in the grand scheme of things? 

If it REALLY bugs you you need to tell your Maid/Matron of Honor who is refusing to budge that it means SO much to you and let her know that it would mean the world to you if she would just swap belts. 

Post # 5
3375 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Get her a super huge bouquet to carry and make sure to tell your photographer to hide that belt in all the pictures either with photoshop or the bouquet!

Post # 6
3461 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t think it’s unreasonable.  I would tell the Maid/Matron of Honor that she can switch it for the reception, but that for the ceremony and pictures you would like a different belt or if need be, you will somehow find time to squeeze in a shopping trip for a new dress in the next week.

Post # 7
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Buy her a ribbon and make her wear it.  Or tell your photographer you hate the belt, and the photographer can make sure the bridesmaid holds her bouquet in front of the buckle.

Post # 8
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Otulyssa:  I agree — this seems like a strange issue for the Bridesmaid or Best Man to make her last stand over! Not for the bride though — I think this definitely falls under the heading of “bride gets to rule”. I mean it’s not like it will cost her extra money to take the belt off … and big shiny buckle? Please.

Maybe just tell her that she will have to stand at the back of all the pictures so only her face is visible Tongue Out

I hope you can figure this out!!! Maybe the other Maid/Matron of Honor can have a word with her?

Post # 9
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Why oh why must there be that one person in someones wedding party that just wants to have a hard head?

I agree with post above me. Make it known to the photographer that her belt not be pictured as often. If he photographs her by herself. above the belt and up. Afterall it is your wedding.

Post # 10
2808 posts
Sugar bee

Have you offered to pay for the new belt or is it something that would be out of pocket? I agree that she’s being a little stubborn, but I wouldn’t let something like this get to you to the extent that it has. Take a step back and breathe, then decide on a course of action.

Post # 11
194 posts
Blushing bee

@Apepsiholic:  I feel you date twin….its just emotions because its getting so close.  Im a nervous wreck all of the sudden.  But like others have said its your choice.  I would simply tell her that you have allowed her to pick her own dress but you request that she doesn’t wear the belt, end of story.  If she still insists on wearing tell her she has the option of either finding something else, or not being in your wedding.  The threat should make her come around.

Just remember to breath and don’t let the little things stress you…I know, I should be preaching to myself!  Good luck and just think its almost over.

The topic ‘12 days to go..and I want to call the whole off because of a belt!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors