(Closed) 1/2 Marathon + Bachelorette Party = Bad Idea….

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
2697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hmm…I dunno. I think I would be ok to party after a half (not a full, yikes!) but its her other behaviors that would give me pause.

Post # 4
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I would tell her sorry, but she’s out. Do what YOU want, plan it yourself with your girlfriends!!  I don’t see why you can’t just plan as a group, and let her either show up or not

Post # 5
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

If it’s In the same area I don’t think it would be impossible forsomeone to have evening plans afterward if they really wanted to. Whether she’s going to be willing to push through for you seems debatable from what you’ve written. 

Post # 6
2009 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

This sounds llike a total nightmare and she sounds unbelievably selfish.

Post # 7
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

All I wanted to do after a half marathon was eat and sleep. She doesn’t seem to care about you or your party at all. I would just continue with your own stuff and don’t let her selfishness get in the way of celebrating you! 🙂 

Post # 8
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

As a half marathon runner, I would be excited for her. Halfs usually end by noon. If she is doing proper training, icing and foam rolling after I see no reason for this to be a problem. She should be hydrating and fueling the way through, plus doing an after run drink. If she isn’t training, doesnt fuel, or hydrate then you have a problem. Has she done a 11, 12 miler before?

If your BMs are pissed why don’t they plan it, pay and throw it then? Planning a Bach takes no time at all, and doesn’t require functioning legs. If you have doubts about her being able to party it up why not rent her a rascal?

13.1!! 🙂

On a side note one of my BM’s wanted to run a half for my bachlorette party, since she isn’t too big on the party scene. So I may be a bit biased toward the runner crowd. 🙂

Post # 9
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Captain013:  Awesome on the Rascal option!!!

I think your sister is crazy and selfish.  Why does she say she’s not doing the race and then one hour later she is doing the race.  Why does she really need to do her race?  If this is her first race and she not a distance runner, she may be too sore to go out in the evening.  Can she wait to do her 1/2 marathon another time?  She has the rest of her life to do one.  She has this only chance to spend her time with her sister to make it a memorable Bachelorette.  Ask your sister how she wants to be remembered…..a selfish MOH or the best MOH ever? Your sister just seems flaky. Is she gonna pull anything else before the wedding?

Post # 11
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@evoorhies:  She’s really going to miss out on all the fun if she does this 1/2 marathon if she does not properly train.  Even if she trains she will be too sore to go out. We need to remember she’s a grown adult and it’s her decision. If she decides to do what she does, then that’s her fault and she’ll learn from it.  If she’s smart enough, she’ll get advice from other runners, and think twice about doing this race.

The topic ‘1/2 Marathon + Bachelorette Party = Bad Idea….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors