12-night Mediterranean cruise — realistic packing list?

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
42460 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The important  thing to keep in mind is the weight limit for your airline.

There is no need to take an excessive amount of clothes on any vacation. You don’t know these people and will likely never see them again. Who cares if they see you wear the same outfit twice or even three times?

I always travel with black and white. Every piece goes with everything else. I can make innumerable outfits. A long blackskirt can be a daytime outfit with a T shirt,a bathing suit coverup,or worn with a sparkly top for evening wear.

The ship has laundry facilities. 

Post # 4
11712 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

definitely find outfits you can mix and match.  Bring a few bold pieces of jewelry that will change the look of any outfit, plus some  basic things – a light and dark cardigan, jeans, etc.  

There are laundry facilities on the ship, so don’t worry about having distinct outfits that you can’t rewear!

Post # 5
Hostess
24457 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We went to France and Italy last April.  I was surprised how warm is was already in Nice and some of the places in Italy and I was wishing that I had brought shorts.  Make sure that you have sweaters and long pants if you plan on visiting churches, their rules are pretty strick about dress code.  As for the boat, I would just pack short and T-shirts and tank tops for normal days.  For the formal night on our cruise, I packed dresses but I didn’t end up wearing them.  I just wore a long black skirt with a nice halter or tank top and no one cared.

Post # 6
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Definitely pack versatile clothing. Light weights skirts and dresses that can have a cardigan added for warmth, limit colors and patterns so that outfits can be mixed up. 

Also, the biggest space saver is shoes. Bring only 1 pair of heels, a cute pair of flats that would be good for walking or dressed up, some flip flops, and that should be enough. I’ve personally never been on a cruise, but I’ve done a lot fo traveling and backpacking so I’m pretty good at packing light. 

Post # 6
2639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

A maxi dress that can be dressed up or down. There’s a blog that has a few ’14 pieces, 30 outfits’ posts for different situations that could be very helpful! 

I just suggested a cruise for the honeymoon to FI and he’s on board (haha, punny) and I plan on purchasing a maxi Henkaa convetible dress. Or two. 

Post # 7
1583 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Make sure you have comfortable shoes for the shore excusions.  Seperates in coordinating colours that you can mix and match are always great for vacations.  I brought 2 lights dresses for formal nights on my caribbean cruise and wore both.  Bring a sweater.  If you are planning on visiting the Vatican or other churches check to see if they have a dress code.  I do believe that the Vatican does.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors