12 pm no-Mass Catholic ceremony with lunch after (timelime help!)

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I have a similar dilemma. Our ceremony is at 1pm; non-mass but only 10-15 minutes away from the reception site.  The reception is only 4 miles from the hotels where people will stay.  We are hoping to have cocktail hour 4-5pm and an early dinner at 5pm.  Hoping that people will either relax at their hotel or walk around the botanical gardens where the reception will be.

You could just make sure to have heavy snacks during the cocktail hour to hold people over. Especially if you want to do pictures, toats, 1st dances, etc before the meal.  I think people will know that they need to eat something before a noon wedding.  But they will expect some food within a few hours.  I think your plan will be fine, just lots of food during cocktail hour for them to snack on. 🙂  Good luck!

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I have the same issue as our ceremony is at 11.30. We plan on providing traditional afternoon tea at the church for our guests straight after the ceremony. Finger sandwhiches, scones and mini cupcakes… enough to keep them going until the reception!! We will also be giving guests glass of bubbly to make it extra special 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors