(Closed) 12 week doctor’s appt

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

It’s hard for the to find the heartbeat so early b/c the baby is still small and moves around when you poke it. I’m 16 weeks and they had trouble finding it.

Congrats on having a healthy baby in there!

Post # 4
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Oh my gosh I would probably cry. You’re awesome for holding up so well.

Post # 5
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

Mine wouldn’t try the doppler at 12 weeks until I promised not to freak out if we couldn’t find it since it is totally common and normal for the doppler to not really work till later on… we didn’t see it that day (but it worked fine at 16 weeks), and even yesterday at 30 weeks it took a little maneuvering to find the heartbeat!

Post # 7
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

Wow, I’m sure that was a scary moment. But everything turned out great, so you can relax and be happy! Great news!

Post # 8
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - MacLean Park

Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one! I just went to the doc on Monday, I should be just at 12 weeks today. Luckily they didn’t have a problem finding a heartbeat, baby likes to hang out towards the outside of my body. I always laugh whenever they find it, I just get so excited! My mind feels like crying, but my body just laughs. Which is no bueno since it makes my belly wiggle. I’m glad you’ve got a great doc with an ultrasound machine, mine only has a doppler. I had to go to the hospital to get an u/s, and pay the separate copay, which is like $250 bucks! Boo. I can’t wait to go in for my anatomy scan too, so much fun! Our plan is to have the doc take a photo of it (but not tell us then!) and put it in an envelope. Then we want to have a party at our house with our family and friends to do the big reveal. How fun will it be to take bets and stuff, maybe with packs of diapers or something, and then give the winner a prize? I’m sure his mom would be over the moon to find out the same time we do 😉

Post # 9
2821 posts
Sugar bee

Yikes, that is scary.  I was lucky that the doctor who I went to warned me before hand that they often can’t find it that early with the doppler but I was also lucky that when she did put it on my stomach she didn’t even have to move it and we heard the little choo choo train heartbeat, she just picked the right spot right away. 

@sand dollar:  I laugh everytime I hear her heartbeat too.  One appointment she kept kicking straight at the doppler making it hard to get a heartbeat rate until she chilled out.  I also listen with my husband’s stethoscope to her heartbeat and her just bouncing around in there and it makes me laugh trying to figure out what she’s doing to cause all the different noises. 

Post # 10
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Aw, glad everything worked out!  It is scary, they told me that with the doppler it can be hard to detect the heartbeat if it’s a lil early.  I have my 14 wk check up tomorrow.  Normally I’d be worried but I just had an ultrasound yesterday and all is well in there.  I can not believe I still have to wait so long to find out the sex.  I know it’s not that long, but it will feel like an eternity. 

The topic ‘12 week doctor’s appt’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors