12 weeks later & not a single picture…

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
3948 posts
Honey bee

did your contract state what the turn aorund time would be on pictures?

Post # 4
3584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I don’t think there’s any way to force him off his ass and get you your pictures.  I think maybe you should focus on trying to recover your money, even if it means suing him.  Nobody gives a rat’s ass about his personal problems.

Post # 5
9856 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

@mittenbride:  I think he’s probably having a really hard time focusing on his work as a wedding photographer when his marriage is crumbling around him.  I totally get your frustration, and he shouldn’t keep promising things he can’t deliver.  I wonder if it’s possible for you to get the RAW files from him, I know most photogs don’t like to do that but at this point it may be your best bet.  you’ll need to get someone else to edit and format them (unless you guys are handing with photoshop etc).

Post # 7
6073 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Mine took 12 weeks actually!  I hope they show up soon!

Post # 8
1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I know 12 weeks seems like a lot to us, but that is actually a pretty fast turn around point for a photographer.  I was in a wedding back in April, and the bride just got her proofs 2 weeks ago. Photographers don’t just download the photos to their computers. There is a lot of editing and the like that goes into the final product. I understand that you are very anxious to see your photos, but my advice is have a little compassion and hold out a little longer. He will get them to you.

Post # 9
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Does he have an actual office or studio where you and your husband can talk to him in person? It is a lot harder to give excuses and the run-around when someone is sitting right there in front of you. 

Post # 10
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

I had a 15 week turn-around for my photos!

Post # 11
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I had day after for engagement shoot. A lot less to do given 2 hour engagement shoot vs. 8-10 hour wedding affair.

Beg for the raw images/proofs, its likely he won’t be able to do weddings with the way his divorce is going…

Post # 12
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

While 12 weeks is not at all unusual in terms of turnaround, obviously the lack of communication is an issue. Honestly, it sounds like he’s going through a really tough time right now and that likely has something to do with it. I know you may not care, and others will say “who gives a shit about his personal life” but it is INCREDIBLY hard to go through a break up or divorce and work on photos of people in love. Photographers are human too. My best advice as a photographer is to NOT bring up legal action at all just yet because it is only going to make your interactions more strained and make it harder to get your images. I think a certified letter listing a date you need your images by would be a better way of encouraging action. If you did not negotiate an actual time frame in your contract before you signed it then your photographer can technically take as long as he wants to finish your images.

ETA: Being rated “The Best of the Knot” is a big fat joke – every vendor listed on the Knot who has 5 or more reviews can download that badge and put it on their website. It means absolutely nothing.

Post # 13
13 posts
  • Wedding: August 2014

What about the wife? It sounds like he is trying to make the relationship work and if they were a team before, maybe she handled all the communications. Can you reach out to her?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors