(Closed) $120 to size up ring 2 sizes?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
5658 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

Does the ring have any intricate details or stones in the band? Could you post a picture?

$120 seems like a lot if it’s just a plain band.

Post # 6
598 posts
Busy bee

That sounds a little high… but I’m not a jeweller, I thought it was around $60-80.

Post # 8
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

if your ring was purchased there shouldnt it be free? or am i mistaken?

Post # 10
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I had to pay $50 to size a sterling silver ring down 3 sizes. To me, the price sounds reasonable, you have to add gold, plus they will have to check all those small diamond settings to make sure the bending of the ring didn’t hurt them. Especially if they are wellknown (known to do things well), I’d rather pay more and know that itll get done correctly. Just my 2 cents.

Post # 11
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I too had to pay $50 to size down at not so well known jeweler and they did a crap job. I would probably pay it just so my band looked smooth again :S

Post # 13
827 posts
Busy bee

We paid $135 for my (thin, delicate, antique) ring to go up 2 sizes and be re-dipped.  Probably a little high, but the ring was free (heirloom), so whatever.  

Post # 14
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Is your ring a pave setting?  I think they don’t recommend to enlarge the pave setting ring more than 1 size because it might compromise integrity of the ring (meaning small diamonds could fall off).  Just make sure that you tell them to tighten all prongs on the setting.

The price is about the same as my local jewelry here for white gold.  They will charge about $250 for a platinum setting.

The topic ‘$120 to size up ring 2 sizes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors