12/13/14 bees 6 months to go…what do you have done?

posted 2 years ago in December 2014
Post # 2
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’m a 12/12/14 bride. The 6 month date hit me hard today. My sister is getting married in 2 weeks and I’m her MOH and I’m a teacher trying to wrap up the school year. I think I’ll feel much better in July 🙂 

We have to:

-get our rings

-cake tasting and design

-pick out and order tuxes

-pick menus

-buy things for favors and assemble them

-choose if I want to do programs and make them

-pick out all the bridal party gifts, parent gifts, etc. 

-schedule my fitting and get my dress fitted

-pick out and buy my shoes 🙂

-figure out what I want for table numbers and place cards and make them

-book our honeymoon-we know where we’re going and just waiting on some final proces

-get new passports

-all our 2-3 month prior appointments with photographer, videographer, florist, dj, priest, etc

and I’m sure there is more I’m forgetting but i think we have the majority done. I hear it will get tougher again in October and November 

Post # 4
213 posts
Helper bee

you out made me feel so much better because I am soooo stressed lol. I thought I mighto have Been overreacting since I’m a total type A and stress a lot. I just want my sisters bachelorette and wedding to be perfect and for my kiddos to have a memorable end of the year. My sister is having a DW so I teach my laat day on the 20th and fly out that night for her wedding…ahhhh!!!

Post # 5
164 posts
Blushing bee

June 5th was my 6-month mark and I honestly didn’t even notice it until a few days later. So much non-wedding stuff going on. Ahh!!! But so far, I got:

My wedding dress ordered

Booked all vendors (except DJ)

Invitations picked out

Scheduled food tasting, cake tasting and florist appointments

I have a lot left to do 🙁

Post # 7
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Ughhh! Dec 20th & I feel soo stressed out!

No invites, Bridesmaid attire, menu or rings! 

Post # 8
488 posts
Helper bee

I’m cheating a bit because I’m the 6th of December, but close enough 😀 Here’s my list:

• Dress – purchased but not fitted
  • Accsesories – purchased
  • Shoes – purchased
  • Suits – chosen but not hired
  • Bridesmaids – fabric purchased, sister is making the dresses
  • Flowergirls – fabric purchased, again, sister is making
  • Rings – chosen but not purchased
  • Invitations – chosen but not purchased
  • Photographer – booked and paid
  • Venue/catering – booked (menu tasting tonight!)
  • Flowers – booked, chosen and paid
  • Cake – booked, chosen and paid
  • Hair/makeup – booked
  • Decorations – booked but not chosen
  • Bonbonierre – chosen but not purchased
  • Programs – no idea!
  • Gifts – no idea!
  • Honeymoon – no idea! (need to get on this one ASAP)

We’re having a reasonably short engagement (9 months) so we did nearly everything in the first week. I was a ball of nerves then, now, I can’t wait!

Post # 10
1506 posts
Bumble bee

I barely have ANYTHING done yet!! Right now, we are *tentatively* planning to wed on 12-13-14. 

FI’s twin sister is in the military over seas at the moment, and he will not get married without her there. We have been trying to find a date that she can take leave and come to the US. She has requested time off to make it to this wedding, but she has not been approved yet. So we can’t officially plan anything until we know whether or not she can come that date!

If she can’t, we will have to push it back, yet again. For the third time.

BUT. Luckily I’ve called around and somehow most venues around here are still open that day! 

So far, I have:<br />-My dress. <br />-My bridesmaids dresses.<br />-All girls flowers (fake). <br />-My invitations (just need to be printed on). <br />-Bridesmaids and mom gifts (made moms and myself matching quilts :).<br />-Hair and make up (free from BM and aunt). <br />-Cake is already set. (Cookie cake for us, sheet cake for guests)<br />-No DJ (just iPod and speakers)<br />-After-party at bar after reception (alcohol-free reception, everyone who wants to come to afterparty buys their own alcohol at the bar, hollaaa)

I’m not crazy stressed yet (but I would REALLY like to officially set the date… stupid Army). We are very sensible and practical people, so we aren’t going all crazy out anyways. No favors, no meal (we’re doing hor’derves… whole shindig will be from 2-6, so no meal), staying under $2,000 total.

Post # 11
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - The Villa

So I’m 12/31/14 (obvs right?) so I have a little more time then you all but I feel sooooo behind. BLEH!!

• Dress – deposit paid; not delivered/fitted
  • Accsesories – whaaaat? lol
  • Shoes – whaaaat? lol
  • Suits – picked out @ Men’s Warehouse currently harrassing GM to get fitted.
  • Bridesmaids – chosen but not ordered; waiting on BMs to give $ for a group order.
  • Flowergirls – purchased
  • Rings – whaaaat? lol
  • Invitations – designed (etsy) but not printed
  • Photographer – contract signed & deposit paid
  • Venue/catering/cake – booked (planning/tasting session in July)
  • Flowers/Bouts/Corsages – booked (no payment due until December)
  • Hair/makeup – currently scouring my area for beauty vendors for the BMs & I
  • Decorations (mostly DIY) – designed, not executed
  • Programs – …will probably get them designed by the same Etsy seller who did invites
  • BM/GM Gifts – whaaaat? lol
  • Honeymoon – Registered on HoneyFund

I think what’s driving me nuts is knowing all the little DIY decor details I have to do. Also trying to do that whilst saving money to pay off the rest of the vendors (photog, dress, venue, flowers) while deciding if we are going to hire a videographer & carcaturist. BLEH!! And all the while, I have so many other things draining my pockets at home.

Post # 12
919 posts
Busy bee

We are having a DW in Ft. Lauderdale from Indy — so planning has been harder… But things are pretty much done! Now its just a matter of getting things there! Luckily some ppl are driving.

• Dress – Bought! Getting fitted in September!
  • Accsesories – Had a necklace made – still need earrings.
  • Shoes – BOUGHT my flip flops… still need to find Teal heels
  • Suits – Picked out, not fitted/ordered
  • Bridesmaids – Ordered!
  • Flowergirls – Already have it!
  • Rings – This was like one of the first things we did! haha 
  • Invitations – Already bought- sending out in August 🙂 
  • Photographer – BOOKED!
  • Venue/catering – BOOKED!
  • Flowers – Deposit paid and everything already decided! Calla Lillies and Orchids!
  • Cake – Booked, Deposit made!
  • Hair/makeup – My girl from here is traveling with us to our LD wedding- So thats set.. Just have to pay her for my makeup — hair is my wedding present!!
  • Decorations – Only doing DIY table numbers — Still need to be made!
  • Programs – I dont want to do this. haha. 
  • Gifts – Bought GG — looking into BM GM gifts.
  • Honeymoon – GOING CRUISIN !! This was the second thing booked for us!! As some of our family will be joining on the cruise!

I wanted everything done right away — less stress more fun!! 🙂 SO now it is just the little details. Finalizing the registry, gifts, shoes.. etc. I CANNOT WAIT tho!!

Post # 13
210 posts
Helper bee

NYE2014:  I’m 12/27/14 and I feel the same way!  I’m looking forward to all the big things I haven’t done yet but I’m really dreading the little decor details.

So far we’ve booked the venue, done engagement pictures and save the dates (not sent yet), bought the dress, and booked the honeymoon.  That’s about it haha.  I’m not stressing out though, 6 months is still a long time to get stuff done.

Post # 14
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - The Villa

aggieland13:  6 months is quite a while and people plan entire weddings w/ less time, but I guess I’m seeing just how fast 6 months can go. I mean as of today… I have exactly 6 months left and I feel like the list of things I realize I need to do everyday is never-ending, but I have to start somewhere (and stop looking at Pinterest).

Post # 15
526 posts
Busy bee

MrsUPS:  Five months to go and so far we have:

• Booked a venue (which includes catering, tables & chairs, set up & take down, linens, and cake cutting)
  • Picked our officiant and had one premarital counselling session (3 to go)
  • Chosen our wedding parties
  • Bought my dress & his suit
  • Sent out save the dates/finalized the guest list
  • Bought invitations (print your own)
  • Hired a photographer and gotten our engagement pictures
  • Contacted a baker
  • Picked a DJ
  • bought my shoes

We still need to:

• figure out ceremony music
  • Buy wedding rings
  • Do something about flowers (centerpieces come with venue)
  • Finish our website
  • Make/buy a cake topper
  • Make/send out invitations
  • Pick a first dance
  • Pay everybody
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors