12/13/14 Honeymoon?????

posted 3 years ago in December 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@winterpeacock:  I’m not a december bride, but what are you thinking? coastal? beachy? adventurous?

Post # 4
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

We are going to the Caribbean – December averages mid-80 degree highs & 70 degree lows.

Post # 5
392 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@winterpeacock:  go to Hawaii! I went once for my bday (I’m a December baby) it was gorgeous and the weather was perfection. 

Post # 6
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Either skiing or if you are into warm weather hit the Caribbean.

Post # 7
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

We got married on 12/15/13 and we went to Anguilla BWI – SO AWESOME. Seriously, if you are looking for somewhere beautful to get away to, a perfect break in winter, and an amazing place to spend time with your husband, check this out!

Post # 8
213 posts
Helper bee

I think we’ve decided on Punta Cana although Antigua was on the top of our lists too. Punta Cana is a bit less exspensive. We’re probably going to Secrets All Inclusive resorts. 

Post # 9
526 posts
Busy bee

@winterpeacock:  We were thinking the Caribbean (US Virgin Islands to avoid needing a passport), but now we’re looking at the Tennessee mountains, where FI’s cousin got married two summers ago. The place is gorgeous. Also on the list is the Biltmore Estate.

Post # 10
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@winterpeacock:  The Caribbean is nice in the winter and this is from a Floridean that won’t touch the beach when it’s cold.  I have cruised Key West and Nassau twice in December and both times the weather was in the 70s and perfect.  I would definitely recommend going further South if you want the 80s so the PPs’ tips for Anguilla and Saint Maarten are great.

If you want to cozy up together in a cabin then Lake Tahoe is probably your best bet that time of year.

Post # 11
137 posts
Blushing bee

We are going to Disneyworld! 🙂

Post # 11
1737 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - 13th ~ TN

winterpeacock:  We are going on a cruise but you say stay in the US. I am not sure what part of the country you are in but why not the mountains? FL is pretty much nice all year round, same for certain parts of CA. You can go to HI, that is still in the US or AK, if you are into that. Niagra Falls. Hmmm, so many options. One time my FI and I discussed going to different amusement parks as we like that kind of stuff. Get creative or just have hometown honeymoon and make sure you have enough food, water, etc to lock yourselves in the house for a week.

Post # 12
244 posts
Helper bee

winterpeacock:  getting married 12/21/14 But we are doing a ski lodge honeymoon with lots of activities, cozy atmosphere and amazing restaurants! We wanted to stay in the US too and thought this would be the best in December 🙂 We also considered Disneyworld but wanted to save some $$. 

Post # 13
6 posts
Newbee

I’m a 12/13/14 bride. We are doing a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean the day after the wedding. Pricing is great with Carnival and if you kind of wait last minute they run a ton of specials.

Post # 14
919 posts
Busy bee

winterpeacock:  tchavon84:  We are doing a cruise after the wedding too!! 🙂 But we are on Royal Carribean, leaving 12/14/14 for 7 days. We head to Jamaica, Haiti, and Cozumel. I love cruises!!! There is always something fun to do, amazing food, and you can’t beat the price!

Post # 15
123 posts
Blushing bee

winterpeacock:  We are going to NY from the 29th-5th…we are from CA and are getting married on 12/6/14. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors