(Closed) 123print.com

posted 9 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
372 posts
Helper bee

I ordered my save the date magnets from them and am very happy with them.  I will be also getting matching invites from them.  If you email them asking for samples of the different paper types they will send them to you in the pattern you are considering for free (at least they did for me).  After looking at the samples we are going with the recycled 100# paper.  The higher the number the better (thicker and durable) the paper is.  I worked in advertising for 9 years and 100# was always the standard paper weight we used, with 80# being for "budget" clients or throwaway projects, if that helps.

Post # 5
27 posts
Newbee

If you call their Customer Service line, they will mail you 80lb and 100lb wedding paper samples. I had to call twice – it’s a special request, so there’s no online form for it, and the first person didn’t know what to do.

I got my Save The Dates printed there and will be printing my other wedding stationery there as well. I uploaded my own design and they turned out great!

Post # 6
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

You don’t have to call… they have this at the bottom of their page. I had my samples in like 2-3 days and they send a lot, it’s all very nice! Good luck!

Oh!! And by the way, you’re my wedding day twin!

Welcome to Weddingbee!! 

Post # 7
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I don’t know if this helps, but 80lb paper is traditionally used for business cards – it’s pretty light.  if you have any laying around, you can get idea of the feel this way. 

Post # 8
372 posts
Helper bee

Thought I’d follow up since I’ve ordered and received my invitations. I ordered a ton of stuff – invites, RSVPs, thank you cards, our rehearsal dinner invite (I wanted the volume discount on shipping).  The pieces that I have look good so far, except for two things.

1) The thank you cards were scored improperly, so they folded a little off.  I emailed 123 print about this and they sent a replacement batch, but they’re still off – usable, but off.  

2) One portion of our order was to ship separately and should have been here a week ago – I checked the UPS tracking and it said the item was damaged and that they would notify 123 print.  It would have been nice for 123 print to have contacted me about this – and so far I’ve had a really hard time to get an answer on if they are going to reprint and reship the item.  I don’t know if its b/c I complained about the TY cards and they’ve chalked me up as difficult – but that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t have my item.

For those who may be curious – the invites, RSVP’s etc. DO NOT have a logo on the back (I feel like I saw someone posting about that for a different invite company), but the TY cards do – and it is kind of cheap looking and ugly.  I asked for them not to include it on the second batch of TY cards and they refused, saying if I went to a store and bought off the shelf cards it would have a logo.

Despite these hassles it is still a good deal – less than $150 for all paper needs (except for programs) for a 100+ person wedding.  But I am very glad I ordered everything early (to get it out of the way) so that I have time to get things corrected. 

Post # 9
27 posts
Newbee

Update – the scoring on my thank you cards was slightly off as well. I don’t think the recipients would notice without close examination, but it did bother me as a professional graphic designer.

All of my non-folded stationery (invites, save the date, rsvp) turned out terrifically.

The topic ‘123print.com’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors