1.25 vs 1.50 on size 7 finger! NEED YOUR HELP LADIES!!!

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Athenavalo:  There isn’t gonna be much of a difference in size to the eye between 1.25 and 1.5.  Being a girl with chunky fingers – 8 🙂  I have a 1.6 carat round

Post # 5
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

A picture of your hand would be a great reference. Also, I know there are programs which allow you to take a picture of your hand and then put a virtual ring on it. I’m sure one of the bees know what it is called. But, krstino1012 is right, there won’t be much of a visual difference, and with what you save by buying the smaller diamond, you can use to improve the quality.

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Athenavalo:  I also wear approximately a 7, and my center stone is 1.7.  I think it looks great on my hand, not too big, not too small. But, I also think 1 – 1.5 would also look great on my hand!  So, I may not be a great referance 🙂 

Post # 7
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

It’s easiest just to go to a store and try on different rings of various sizes.  Then you can see IRL what it will look like.

Post # 8
716 posts
Busy bee

Here is a chart showing carat/mm size and finger coverage.

size 6 finger and from left to right are 1.02ct, 1.21ct, 1.51ct, and 2.01ct

Post # 9
6788 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

Decide on which of the 4 C’s is most important to you. Then get whatever is in your budget! I would say for a solitaire go big or go home! I would get a 1.5 if I could afford it, but I wouldn’t get a 1.5 if that meant I had to sacrifice clairty (I prefer warmer stones). Also make sure to avoid clarity enhanced diamonds – they are filled with glass!

Post # 10
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@Athenavalo:  I have a 1.25c Moissanite and a size 6.5.  I think it is absolutely perfect.  I wouldn’t want any bigger or smaller.  Good luck in your decision!

Post # 11
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have hideously ugly, non-dainty hands too.  Especially in the top picture because I had just taken off my acrylic.  At any rate, I know you’re asking for a round diamond, but here’s my 1.4 carat center (radiant) on a size 7 For comparison.  

Post # 12
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Size 7, 1.25 ct diamond. I actually went with a thinner band because my fingers, despite their girth, are short and a little stubby. 

Post # 15
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Go try rings on.

Think of it this way… if this was a pair of jeans, dress or top you were wanting to buy would you post such a topic on an Internet Discussion Board asking for input.

The reality is, not every pair of jeans, dress or top (ERing) suits every body type / woman etc.

You really really need to go look for yourself and see what looks best on YOUR FINGER and what it is you absolutely fall in love with

There are literally thousands of rings and settings, some look great on some people, some on others

To be honest some look absolutely horrid… not every ring out there is going to look great on each and every girl, cause we are all individuals.

Lots of Bees here on WBee who have thought they liked a particular style that they fell in love with based on a photo, and then when they went and tried it on, they suddenly realized that it wasn’t meant for them (stubby fingers, short fingers, long fingers etc)

Trying on rings is truly the best way to get a feel for what is out there, and what suits you.  Period.

Hope this helps,

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors